Lilo-Airport

Louis was helpless. He didn't know what to do with himself. He had to get out. Out of this city, out of this life. So when his boyfriend said he got a scholarship to an amazing cooking school in France, how could Louis say no? It was the perfect escape. He was running away, but maybe something new would be good for him. Spark inspiration. That's good for a writer. Right? New space, new ideas? Maybe that would land him a decent job that he wouldn't get fired from. He may had too big of a mouth sometimes.

"You good?" Liam said, grabbing Louis' hand in his.

Louis nodded. The two were going to a small party their friends were having for them before heading to the airport to catch their flight.

"I'm gonna miss all this. The lights, the buildings. The rude cab drivers." Liam said, looking at the monsters towering above him.

"Me too. But Paris is good for us. The city of love right?" Louis said looking at his boyfriend.

"Yes sir" Liam said, smiling and kissing his hand.

When they got to Niall's apartment, Zayn and Harry were already there. The whole thing was cheesy really. They sat around and talked about memories and how they all would come visit them. Niall was going to college in California, Zayn was going to live with his girlfriend in Connecticut and Harry was the only one staying in the city, trying to start a fashion line of his own.

"You know you always have us. We're always here to fall back on. I'll be here. I've fallen in love with this city in every way, and I'll be here if you guys need to come back. Just remember you've always got a home."

Liam looked at his boyfriend and smiled.

*

Louis found Liam leaning over the rail of Niall's balcony.

"Hey" Liam said.

"Hey"

"You aren't coming are you?"

"I want too. I really do. I want to drop everything and move to France with you but-"

"You've fallen in love with the city."

"It's my home. I can't leave I belong here."

"I know. I sense that. I love you Louis"

"I love you too" Louis said in a tear filled muffle.

"I gotta go catch a flight. I'm going to Paris you know."

"Yeah. I'll see you around Payne yeah?"

"Yeah, I think that can be arranged Tomlinson."

They hugged and Louis knew it was goodbye. Nothing had to be said, but he belonged here and Liam belonged there. He let go and for once, he knew it would be OK.

He knew that even though he was alone he was alone with a city that he loved.

XX
Heavily inspired off the Carrie diaries *tear*