Chapter 5

Oakland's Greatest: Chapter 5

~1 Year Later~

"Fuck off Elizabeth!" I yelled as I ran to the kitchen to grab a knife.

"Stop fucking up my shit!" She yelled as she came running in after me but stopped when she saw the knife in my hand. "Arlie don't you dare!" She yelled but I had already thrown the knife. She ducked and the knife went right into the wall. I turned around to grab another knife but was stopped when I heard familiar footsteps coming running down the hallway.

"Arlie!" Ramon yelled as he ran in. Mom and Ramon still aren't married because Mom is scared of what I might do if they actually did get married.

"The fuck you want? You got no business saying jack shit to me." I am so sick and tired of Ramon. I saw Fabian come walking in with a look like he did something but didn't want anyone to know. Fabian reminded me a little bit like Varo. Not anywhere near as bad as Varo but he was just a kid that was looking for a good time.

"Watch that tone Arlie-"

"Don't like my tone? Get the fuck out of my house. You don't rule anything over me." I hated how he assumed he had complete authority over me.

I saw his face fill with anger which only made me happy. If I got him angry enough, I'm sure he'd try to chase after me to whoop me. I should give him a run for his money.

I grabbed another knife and threw it at Ramon. It didn't touch him but like I figured, he lunged right for me. I hopped onto the sink and crawled out the window and started sprinting down the block. I already knew Ramon was going to get in his truck and drive after me so I had no time to waste.

I heard the engine of his car roar to life so I sprinted even faster. I heard the car just a few feet away from me and I quickly rolled down into the creek at the end of the bend that connected the 2 hoods.

What Ramon didn't know was I had a shot gun in the little creek.

He also didn't know, I knew how to use it.

I loaded the gun and crouched low. When the truck came close, I fired right at the front right tire and watched as the truck swerved and hit a tree. The truck burst into flames right before my eyes. Ramon hopped out and rolled around trying to get the flames off his shirt.

I wrapped my bandana over my nose and mouth and pulled my hood up so only my bright hazel eyes were showing. I hopped out of the creek and started to run back to the house before everyone else came outside to see what was going on.

I've had it with Ramon. He needs to go, if Mom won't make him leave, then I guess I'll have to. Which isn't a problem, this wouldn't be the first guy I've chased off.

"Arlie what are you doin?" Joey asked as he stopped me. He looked down at my bandana then back up to my eyes.

"Nothin' look I gotta get goin' home. I'll see you at the corner store around 3." I needed to get home now.

"In a hurry there. Aight, see you there." I chucked up the deuces and continued sprinting till I got home.

"Why are you out of breath?" Aldo asked as he held the screen door open for me.

"You'll find out sooner or later. I need to get the hell out of here or I'll end up in Juvy." If I got caught, I know I'll go straight to Juvy. I don't need to be there.

"Juvy? What are you talking about?" Aldo asked as he followed me down to my room. I grabbed my backpack and started putting my things in it.

"I'll be back but for now I need to leave." I zipped up my backpack and ran down to Mom and Ramon's- well now just Mom's room- and searched till I found Ramon's wallet. I took out all the money and stuffed it in my pockets.