Chapter 6

Oakland's Greatest: Chapter 6

~1 Year Later~

So I'm 10 and what does that mean? That means niggas better back the fuck up and check themselves before coming up to me with any kind of bullshit 'cause I ain't having it.

I had a lot of anger always built up in me because of the guys Mom would date. They all buttered up to us kids and Elizabeth, Aldo, and Gabriel gave them the feeling of a "Father-Figure" to them. Well when it came to me, I didn't give them that. I gave them the opportunity to walk back out the door they walked through.

I hated authority. Any kind of it, whether it be state or parental, I hated them both and would rebel even more when someone tried to "control" me. I'm using the word that all my Mom's ex's used on me. They said I needed to be "under control" and I didn't like being referenced to an animal so that would only add onto the anger.

Not to mention I started to have to become more creative with what I would do to make them leave. That wasn't ever a problem because I was really smart, I was always told that in school by all my teachers. So what happens when you have a dangerously smart cunning gang member for a son?

You get me.

So right now I was at home just laying low. Varo and I were gonna go hustle at dice but him and Marco got into a fight so they're off running around the hood. Lexis is at the trap and Javier is busy with his sisters so I'm just kind of stuck here.

"Alright boys I'm going to work." Mom said as she walked into the living room.

"You're a liar. I know you're going out on a date." I am still honestly really surprised at how many dates Mom goes on. She never gets with any creepy guys, like they're all very descent and educated but I don't get why they go out with her when she has 4 kids at home.

"I'm going to work. I'll be back later." I hated when she lied. But she only lied to me so I wouldn't do anything to "ruin" her dates.

"Yeah I'm so sure. If I go to your work and see your ass isn't there, I'll find him and it won't be pretty." I said just before she closed the door. One thing I never mention, is that my Mom actually does hit me as a form of discipline. I hated that the most. So I vow to never beat my kids, especially if I have a daughter, that won't be for a long while, cause I'm gon' be living the good life since I'm part of a lethal Gang.

"Hey Arlie." Gabriel said as he walked inside.

"Hey Gabriel, what's up?"

"I'm bored. Can we go down to the barber?" I nodded my head and hopped off the couch. I loved the barber because there isn't anything better than walking out with fresh lines. The only better place was the corner store.

"You gon' get your lines fixed? It looks too outgrown behind your ear." I said as we walked down the street.

"Yeah I know, I hope Romeo's there because he does the lines, how I like it." Gabriel and I were only alike in the sense of appearance. We had the eyes for everything iced out and always keeping our games on point. Mom said we got that trait from Dad.

"Romeo is always there." Romeo was the youngest one there. He was only 17 but he knew how to do his shit well. He dropped out of high school but that didn't seem to be a problem for him.

***

"Aye look its Arls n' Gabriel." One of the guys said. A lot of the guys knew us because of how often we came down.

"Hey." I said as I sat in the waiting area. This barber shop was your old school everybody talk shit and spread gossip barber shop. It was hell funny when everybody talked shit about their friends.