Chapter 2

Oakland's Greatest: Chapter 2

~Sunday~
~Missy P.O.V.~

Today was Trell's funeral.

I still hadn't told the kids but I settled with telling them their father left. When they're older I'll tell them he passed away. I didn't want to lie to them but there was just no way I could force myself to tell them their father was murdered.

I had a friend of Trell and I's watch the kids while I attended the funeral.

I stood there and just looked at Trell's casket as it was being prepared to be lowered down into the ground.

As I zoned off, the priest's words only became lost in my ears. I kept thinking back to when the casket was open and available for viewing, I had alone time with him for the last time. I remember giving him one last kiss on his forehead.

Trell was so full of life. He only had love to give to everyone, he always gave a helping hand to even complete strangers if they needed help. He may have been in a gang but he never brought his killer side home. He left that side at that trap where it belonged. Why was he taken away from his own children's arms? He doesn't and will never know he was going to be a Father all over again.

I looked up and saw it was just John and I standing alone. The casket was already lowered down. I got down on my knees and just cried. Trell was my everything and he's been robbed from me.

"Trell; Now you're safe in Heaven's Arms like you said you've always wanted to be." I tossed my white rose down and watched as it made the 6 foot dive and landed on top of his casket. "I love you so much." I stood up and brushed the grass off my dress before I started walking back to my car.

~A Few Days Later~

I was walking with all the kids down to the park. I told them Trell had left and at first they didn't understand. As each day goes by they realized he'll never be coming back. Well TJ thinks otherwise. He always sits on the porch at dusk just like Trell used to.

On our way to the park, I walked by the cemetery. I noticed something was on top of Trell's grave.

"Elizabeth, stay right here with your brothers." She nodded her head and I walked up to Trell's grave.

I saw Chico laying right there.

That right there had me wanting to cry. Chico laid there with his head resting right on his fore legs.

"Chico come here." I called. He didn't even as much as move a muscle. "Chico." I walked up to him but he let out a low growl followed by a whine. It was at that point where I felt a tug on my dress.

"Chico!" TJ said with a smile. He went to go up to him but I stopped him.

"No TJ. Let Chico be." There was a small wag of Chico's tail when he saw TJ.

"Mommy, Chico." TJ said as he looked up at me with sad eyes. I felt my heart ripping in half.

"You always were a good loyal boy Chico."I pat his head and picked up TJ before walking back to Aldo and Elizabeth.

~4 Years Later~
~Arlie P.O.V.~

I'm 6 years old and it was summer vacation. I had an older brother, Aldo, an older sister, Elizabeth, and now a younger brother, Gabriel.

"What's that?" I asked Aldo. We were in the garage and I came across a giant bike.

"That was Dad's Harley."

"His Arley?" I asked.

"No. HAR-ley. Its a type of motorcycle." He laughed.

"So Dad had a arley?"