Chapter 9

Oakland's Greatest: Chapter 9

~1 Year Later~

Right now I was laying on the couch cuddled up with Heather. It's safe to say I love this girl like no other.

"You know what today marks right?" I asked as I gently caressed her cheek.

"A whole year since we met." She smiled up at me. Don't start thinking we were together for a year, we've only known each other for a year. We were actually together for about 6 months on and off since we both weren't exactly faithful to each other. "I wish we had been together for that whole year.

"Well then you shouldn't have hooked up with Joey in the first place." She was the one who cheated after about a solid month of us being together. I stayed loyal but then I broke that and started messin' around to get back at her.

"You hooked up with Kiara first so don't even start." Really now.

"I didn't even know Kira till that night I asked her if she knew where you were and she said you were busy with Joey, and by busy she meant fuckin' with, so don't even start Heather." She just sat there quiet. That's what I thought.

"Well I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"I haven't been faithful since we got back together."

"Heather why the fuck do we even bother getting back together?!" I yelled as I got off the couch. This was just fuckin' bullshit.

"I'm sorry-"

"Fuck that! Take your sorry ass out of my damn house!" I yelled with nothing but anger clearly in my voice. I loved this girl but we can't keep doing this.

"Well I'm pregnant and its your child Arlie!" Wait what? No, no, no, no, no, no, fuck no!

"Are you serious?" I said calmly as we just stared at each other. It was quiet for a few quick moments. I wasn't sure what else to say. I wrapped my shit every time so I'm really shocked right now.

"Yes I am."

I didn't say anything, I just kissed her cheek and pulled her into a warm embrace. I could feel tears drip onto my shoulder.

"Why are you crying?" I asked still holding her.

"Because I'm scared."

"What are you scared about?" I rubbed her back slowly in an attempt to soothe her crying.

"That you'll leave me with our child-"

"Don't even start thinking like that. I'm not that stereotypical thug that leaves a bunch of women with my kids." I can't explain to you how much I hate the stereotype that other "thugs" built. The whole "they dont care about anything or anyone except for their gang and they have multiple children from multiple women but won't stick around." That's what everyone assumes because of how often it happens. I was nothing like that, I care about my friends, yes they are not just my other gang members; they're friends, and family. So now I have a child? Well I'm going to be there for my child. No if's, and's or but's about it.

"I'm still scared for all of this."

"Don't be. You have me." I kissed her forehead as she rested her head right on my chest.

In 9 months I'm going to be holding my child. I'm trying to process that all but I can't. It just seems so surreal.

"Wanna sleep over?" I asked. She nodded her head so I led us down the hall to my room. Gabriel was out with Brooklyn, his "friend", Aldo and Elizabeth don't live here anymore and Mom was with one of her co-workers. So it was just Heather and I for the night.