Ch| 19

I worship you like holy days
Lying on my back seeing clouds and rays
...................

Tee

"Shit is really starting to hit the fan, I don't know how much longer I can do this", I said as I sat across from my boss' desk.

"Anari, we are so close to cracking this case and placing this man behind bars. You've been on the inside for three years waiting for him to slip up and now he's leaving all kinds of loose ends for you! So what's the issue ?"

Looking at my captain I shook my head, sucking my teeth. I had been an undercover for the past 3 years and it was the hardest task I've ever been faced with. As much as I wanted Jace behind bars, he was always on his toes. The sex was just me hoping he'd get attached and start slipping up, but no such luck. I was just about to throw in the towel, but then Lana came along. She had everyone weak, myself included. I knew she'd have Jace wrapped around her finger the moment he choked her for talking slick to him, cause if it was anyone else, he would've popped them on sight.

Initially I was just trying to befriend her, get her to think of me as her bestfriend. Then maybe, her secrets would become my secrets. But that girl is like a vault, once she gets information, the only way she's letting go of it, is if it benefits her in the form of a plot or scheme. For one whole year, she stayed to herself. We were thick as thieves, and she was only worried about the money, but then she started fucking around with the team. I know the only person she actually fucked is Jace but I feel like Ricky is not too far behind.

When I told her about Jace and I, it was out of jealousy. Not that I give a fuck about him, but I think she deserves so much better, and I was hoping she would leave him alone but all that did was push them even closer. Now I was running out of time and I needed a new plan, so I had my on the low girlfriend of the past year, Treasure, make a move on Lana. If there's one thing I know about La is that she has a thing for red heads, they're like her weakness or something. So when they brought Treasure onto the team, I had her dye her hair and everything. I know it's working, cause they've been fucking, but she still doesn't trust her enough to spill her secrets and that's what I need. There's no way I can protect her when this all goes down if I don't know how deep she is.

"Anari..... Anari..... TEE!" The echo of my captains booming voice abruptly snapped me from my thoughts.

"I'm handling it Cap, I'm just tying up a few loose ends, making sure there's no way he can slip through our fingers this time" I spoke, as I handed him my badge in preparation to resume my role as "Tee".

"The D.A is counting on you Anari. Save who you want to save, as long as we get Jaceion off these streets, everyone will be satisfied. Now hurry up and go so you can make your way back to Miami before they all wake up".

"Yes sir", I spoke as I exited his office.

....................

Ray

"Baby girl, hurry up before we're late", I yelled out to my fiancée Ivory.

"I'm coming, I'm sorry, I've been having slight cramps all day" she spoke, as she descended the stairs in her long flowing sundress.

Rushing to her side, I placed my hand behind her back for support as I lead her to our car. "Do I need to schedule an emergency appointment?"

"No baby, I'm fine. This is normal I believe", she spoke in her thick accent, before quickly pecking my lips.

Keeping my concern to myself, I helped her into the passenger seat, before getting into the driver seat myself. I had met Ivory about 2 years ago right after I faked my death. I was rebounding and she was rebounding, so it seemed like a good idea and although I knew for a fact that I would never love her like I loved Lana, I wasn't going to skip out on the opportunity of being a father again. I was going to stick around this time and be the father that I never had in my life. I wasn't in love with Ivory, but we had grown as great friends and our relationship worked. I trust her and I have no intention of letting her down like I did Lana.

"Where are we going darling?"

Lacing my fingers through hers, I brought them up to my lips for a quick kiss, before answering her, "I thought we'd just relax today, maybe get something to eat at the restaurant in the hotel I own near the tourist location".

Noticing that her hand tensed up when I said where we'd be eating, I quickly glanced at her before pulling up in front of valet. "Everything okay?"

"Yes, of course. Just the cramps baby", she nervously whispered.

As we got out of the car I realized there was a crowd in front of my hotel, as well as a fire truck and several squad cars. People had their phones and other devices in the air trying to record.

"Oh my gosh!"

"She's going to jump"

"Someone get her help!"

As I held Ivory by my side, my eyes trailed up my 12 story hotel building, only to see a woman standing on the rails that surrounded the rooftop. I quickly let my eyes rake through the crowd, before they landed on my hotel manager, and I waved him over.

"Talk to me"

"Well sir, we got a call from a couple wanting a romantic lunch on the balcony, when they got out there they said the woman was climbing up the rails, so they came and got me and I called the authorities" he spoke.

"Why was I not informed"?

"Your phone went to voicemail all 14 calls sir. There are 14 detailed messages with the woman's room number and name".

"Well tell me them now Lucas," I spoke in irritation. "We need to get ahead of this".

"Yes sir, one moment sir", pulling out his guest information folder, I waited as he flipped through a couple of pages.

"Here, room 1201. Her name is Lana Harris sir".