Sam Tsui - Don't Want An Ending

Today is my birthday, and in celebration, I have an extra long chapter for you today. This chapter is dedicated to -Dat-One-Fangirl- for her song suggestion. Sorry, it took me so long. This song was really hard to write to. I decided on this plot because of reasons. Anyways. Without further ado. The chapter.

I don't wanna fall out

But we're all out of time (is this over?)

(Don't want an ending)

In one day, no way you'll be mine (is this over?)

(Don't want an ending)

Mmm (don't want an ending)

*Shane's POV*

"Shane. Hey, I need to talk to you" Ryland says from across the table from me, and I freeze. There are no words that strike more fear into a person's heart than 'I need to talk to you.' "Yeah," I say swallowing down the lump in my throat. Oh no, here it comes. The breakup, I knew it was too good to last. "We have been dating for a few months now," he says nervously, and I nod. "And Lily says that I should DTR with you before I go up to New York," he says smiling, and I momentarily get lost looking at his beautiful smile. "DTR?" I say coming to reality. "Yeah, it means 'Define the Relationship'" he says rolling his eyes, and I take a bite of food. Here it is. This is the break-up. This the 'We are better off as friend's moment' just like with every other relationship I have ever been in. "And I want it to be official. That we are dating" he says, and I blink twice before replying. "Wait, you aren't breaking off the relationship?" I say surprised. "No... Unless you wanted to" Ryland says, and I shake my head aggressively. "No! I just thought. Well, I thought you were breaking up with me" I say nonchalantly, but internally I was doing a happy dance. "Well, no. I wanted to make it official" he says, and I nod. "Yeah, you're my boyfriend. There, it's official" I say taking his hand, and he smiles.

My heart is running on empty

One more day and then we go

Yeah, the time goes on now

Don't ask me how, I don't know

We'll be home tomorrow

'Bout a thousand miles too far away

Say you won't forget and I'll be okay

At least tonight

It's just you and me and honestly

That's everything I need

I don't wanna fall out

*Rylands POV*

"I miss you," I say into the phone and I am happy to hear a chuckling Shane on the other end. "You are only gone three days," Shane says. "Yeah! And it's still day one!" I say dramatically. I was in New York for a special episode of Cheat Day and I was missing L.A (And Shane) more and more every minute. "So, what are you doing for your channel?" I asked pulling my computer out. I needed to do some editing and right now was probably as good a time as any. I laid down on the hotel bed and booted it up. "I am probably going to make a cake," he says and I hear a loud ruckus from the other end of the line. "What was that," I ask and Shane snorts "Corny. Lisa asked me to look after him for a bit" he says, and I hear him swearing. "Damn, he got into the peanut butter. I gotta go this isn't going to be pretty" Shane says, and I laugh, "Good luck!" I say, and we say goodbye and hang up. I log into my computer and smile as I see a picture of Shane and me as the background. I can't wait to be back in L.A.