Happy Birthday, Buttercup.

The smell of sweat and stale weed crowded my nostrils as spilt alcohol and sex slowly seeped into the mix.

My face was partially stuck to shoulder skin, as I peeled my face out of my girlfriend's arm pit.

I looked at Lauren, dried goop still in the corner of my eyes from sleeping, and I smiled.

I paid close attention to the slight red blotches scattered across her plump, pale cheeks, noting the difference between little stress pimples and simple irritations to her light complexion.

Her lips were slightly parted, revealing just a glimpse of her almost crooked and shining, white teeth through her swollen, pink lips.

Her hair was a mess, not entirely freed of the hair band it had been tied up with last night, but definitely no longer up.

Her natural curl seemed to have a mind of its own last night, finding no problem in creating this mess of hair around the two of us.

Her skin was still covered in sweat, sticky and damp from forgetting to turn the fan on before bed.

Laying next to her in this state, staring up at her sleeping face while her dragon breath finally invaded my nose, a sudden overwhelming urge to kiss her came over me.

I leaned up slightly and pressed my lips to hers ever so softly, caressing her jaw line with my finger tips.

"I love you so much.." I mumbled, eyes still closed as I pulled away.

"You're so beautiful.." I admitted to her sleeping face. "God, I just love you so much.."

"Mhmm.. Babe." She groaned, pulling me impossibly close to her. "So cute.."

"Lauren, wake up, Babygirl. Open your eyes, Sweets.." I whispered, weaving my fingers through her hair. "I have to tell you something."

She reluctantly opened her eyes, thick, dark eyebrows knitting together over her nose.

"What?" She asked, frowning.

"I love every inch of you.." I smiled, rubbing my thumb along her soft and slightly dried out cheek. "And your incredible soul.."

"I love you too, baby.." She mumbled, digging her face into my neck as she hugged me even tighter.

She makes me never want to leave the safety of her embrace.

"I'm hungry." She whispered in my ear, nibbling slightly the cartilage she found there.

"We were invited to brunch.." I smirked, wrapping my legs around her and letting my hands roam her back as she moved to lay on my chest. "Sabrina, Hayden, Mackenzie-"

"Ugh.. Those are all your friends." She mummbled.

"Well, Maia will be there.." I sighed. "I don't know who else.. It's supposed to be a little get together at the diner. They rented it out since it's O's birthday today."

"Shit!" Her head shot up as she began rushing to get ready. "Why didn't you tell me it was the fifth, (Y/n)! We're missing Olivia's party!"

I giggled at her adorable antics as I gathered up everything for a shower and got ready for brunch with our friends.

When we got to the diner we gave the man out front our names and he let us in, to anyone else he may have looked like a homeless man by a closed diner but Lauren and I recognized him as Tito, one of Dove's bouncer friends.

"(Y/N)! LAUREN! YOU MADE IT!" Olivia shouted jumping up from her seat to hug us.

Everyone looked like they had just gotten up to get here kind of like Lauren and I both did.