I'll Be There For You.

I stared down the hallway at the beautiful  blonde/brunette. She didn't notice me though, no one ever did.

(Y/n) was perfect.

She was just a little shorter than me but most of the time she wore heels, so she stood an inch or so taller than me sometimes.

Her long, (y/h/c) hair caught my eye in the hallway every single day.

Its too bad for me she's always hung out with the popular girls, and they avoid me like the plague, but the few times I've talked to her before today she was so nice to me.

Today is a new day, however.

Today is the first day of my senior year and I will get (y/f/n) (y/l/n) to talk to me today, and hopefully to like me by the end of the year, but no guarantees there.

I took a deep breath and closed my locker, walking in (y/n)'s direction.

She turned her head and smiled at me right before I got slammed into a wall.

Brad..

"Sorry, Whoregui. Didn't see you there, my eyes are trained to block out ugly chicks and dudes. I guess you're kind of both." Simpson laughed, earning a round of high fives from his 'mates'.

"Hey! Simpson!" We both turned to the angelic voice calling.

"Why don't you stop picking on her and go grow a pair of lips?" (Y/n) asked, walking up and shoving him.

He frowned and walked away with his friends as she held her hand out for me.

I picked myself up off the ground though so I wouldn't pull her over, she looks kind of fragile.

"Hey, thanks.. Uh, I'm Lauren." I said extendeding a hand out to her.

"I know." She laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Uhm.. We're you coming to talk to me?"

"Huh?" I asked, scratching my neck.

"Before Brad pushed you? You were coming to talk to me, weren't you?" She asked.

"Uh.. Yeah, I.." I kind of stuttered. "I was.. I just wanted to say hi.."

Smooth...

"Oh." She blushed. "Well, Hi."

"Hey." I smiled like an idiot.

"So.. Uhm. Are you planning on going to the back to school dance Saturday?" She asked.

"Uh.. I wouldn't have anyone to go with." I shrugged.

"Y-you could go with me?" She stuttered. "I-I mean.. I-if you want-"

"I'd love to." I smiled.

That was actually kind of cool for how nervous I seriously am on the inside right now.

I'm going to a school dance, with (y/f/n) freaking (y/l/n)!!

My dreams are coming true!

"Great." She smiled brightly. "I-"

She was interupted by the stupid bell ringing.

"Uh.." She laughed nervously. "I'll see you at lunch right?"

"Of course." I laughed as well. "Totally.."

"Bye, Lauren."

"See ya, (Y/n).."

I waited until she was out of site before doing an actual, straight up happy dance in the middle of the hall.

I have a date Saturday with the smartest, most beautiful, and interesting girl on the planet, let alone in the school.