The Sun, The Moon, and Me & You.

The chill of her skin mellowed the burn of my own the moment we first brushed finger tips in class.
She was passing a syllabus to the seat behind her.

She didn't notice like I did, she was so used to the cold, the only heat that really made her feel warm was from the sun shining, or at least that's how it used to be.

On days the sun was shining my dad would call the school telling them I was sick, so I could frolic through the forest with my cousins from the reservation, but she never noticed since she was never at school then either.

I remember my birthday happened to fall on a full moon, throughout the day I had just been miserable, fighting a fever before night fell and I began roaming through the trees in the dark as a six foot, white/gray wolf.

My cousin, January, was the one who'd found me the next morning, he and Jupiter, his sister had been frolicking about when Jan caught a whiff of my scent and ran over to investigate.

I learned a lot that night about what I was..

About who she was..

Her name was Lauren and if I could have picked anyone else as a mate I may have tried at the start but it would have been impossible.

No matter what my kind or humanity will say nothing can keep me from her now.

Lauren is beautiful, not to mention compassionate, wise, and my entire world.

She's also by heritage, supposed to be my mortal enemy, as the blood sucker she is, but wouldn't you know it.. Life had a funny way of teaching people lessons.

There were others that night, like her, but not with her.

She had been following them as I had been following her scent and they'd lead her into a trap.

I suppose they'd figured out I was trailing them and decided to leave her as wolf bate, but they didn't really take into account that I was only there to protect her.

They'd had her tied up when I got to the clearing in the trees, but they were all near by watching, waiting for the show.
The sight of her in chains elicited a horrific sounding snarl from my throat, it was purely animalistic..
How dare they hurt her?

There were four of them at first.. Then three, then two, and sometime while she had been trying to break free of her chains, I had chased the last one about a quarter of a mile to the edge of a cliff.

He'd been about to jump off when I pounced on him and bit through his throat, making his head pop off like a daisy's.

She seemed afraid when I came back, as if she were unaware of who I was, of what I was..

I'm aware now of how dangerous their kind views mine to be, just as I'm aware of why we seem so dangerous.

Vampires are killers but my ancestors are the serial killers of those killers and any others as well.

There's not a being on earth who could defeat me in my true form.
My teeth could cut diamond, razor sharp, like forty-two steal daggers with the jaw strength of a crocodile, only worse.
My claws are designed to tear open flesh and cut through marbled bone.
My fur is thick, my skin is solid, one bite into me and they break every tooth they have.

I'm designed to scare them..
I'm designed to kill them.

Yet, as I stood there and she stared back at me it was almost as if she could sense that I was different.

'I won't hurt you.. I could never hurt you..'

I thought to myself.

'I wish you could understand how important you are to me.'