Pilot

Episode 1
Maya's pov
Memories still come back to me, the pain of seeing my mother...dead. Permanently, watching my dad being forced in a police car for a crime he didn't do. I should know because I was a witness. Time has passed and many things went wrong for us but my brother and I are still good people and will never want to hurt anyone. We live with our adopted dad, Joe, and his daughter, Iris, which is my dearest best friend. I was now playing chess with my brother, waiting for his move.

He carefully thinks before making a decision, "Checkmate" he smiles taking a out my pawn.

"This is stupid," I cross my arms, not liking the game chess. He lightly chuckles then answers his phone due to the ringing.

I hear 'yeah' 'okay' 'we'll be there' then he hangs up. "Joe needs us." He states putting his phone in his pocket. 'Whoohoo!Another crime to solve' I thought excitedly.

"Race you," him and I both run to where Joe was. I was the one most active due to me playing sports back in high school. Barry on the other hand, was a nerd who never really worked out anything.

Once we get there, we were out of breath. I turn to him and smirk, "I win, I'm obviously faster than you." I rub it in his face as he shakes his head.

"That wasn't fair. You only won because you weren't holding the suitcase," he truthfully said still catching his breath.

"Lies" I flip my hair a little, "just admit you're slower." I shrug, doing a little victory dance in front of him.

He straightens up and looks at me, "Never."

I was about to say something until Joe interrupted our little argument, "Maya leave Barry alone." I narrow my eyes at him while Barry just smiles.

We start to go over the evidence as Joe and the Captain listen to us. Of course Barry had to do all the explaining because he was way smarter than me. Maybe too smart..

After examining the tire mark from the car, he took a pen from the guys shirt then goes to pick a piece and putting it in a bag after sniffing it, "fecal excrement, animal I'd guess."

"My dad gave me that pen..before he died." My eyes widen as Barry mutters a 'sorry'.
~~
"I don't get why you don't want to be in a relationship. You're already old enough to be dating." Iris states as I pour coffee into a mug. I was never interested in relationships, I was busy solving crimes and working.

I sigh then turn to my best friend, "Sorry I can't be you," I walk towards a table to pour coffee into a different mug. "I just don't have time to be all 'lovey-dovey' with someone."

"It doesn't kill to try Maya," I roll my eyes at her response. This was a everyday lecture for me. My job is to help and stop dangerous people from doing dangerous things. Speaking of job, I have to close for jitters late.

I was snapped out of my thoughts from a snap, "Earth to Maya! Were you even listening to me?" I look down not realizing I spilled a puddle of the drink.

I sigh once again, "I'm sorry what were you saying?" I grab a rag to clean the counter. She groans and walks away, taking off her apron meaning her shift was over.

"Just make sure you're home early before my dad freaks out from you always home, late." I nod at her not making eye contact from stirring the drink in front of me.