Chapter 13: Elois

The game was a wonderful escape. It'd been so long since I'd spent time with Sebastian, or for that matter even left the Trancy estate, I'd almost forgot what other people were like... to say the least, I did some people watching. Creepy? Probably. As creepy as a mansion full of spiders? Nah. As much as I enjoyed spending time with Sebastian, baseball has never really been my thing. My eyes drift through the specs of brightly colored people on the other side of the stadium... so far, the interesting people I spotted included

1. Mowhawk lady.
She was crammed in a group of heavy metal looking folks, so she wouldn't stand out to much. At least, if she didn't have a rainbow, 2 ft. mowhawk gelled straight above her head. She looked like a spiky, brightly-colored zebra. It kind of weirded me out, but I had to admit, it was pretty cool.

2. Dog guy.
There was a guy with about 5 small, yapping doggos (yes, I just said "doggos") on once white leashes that were now splattered with brown mud stains right below me. He was trying to enter into the stadium, but security wouldn't let him in. He was pretty pissed, and causing quite an entertaining scene.

3. Furry guy/girl/????
The title is pretty self explanatory.

4. Vegan lady.
There was a frizzed grey haired, 60 something year old lady holding a jaggedly cut cardboard sign that had "I love animals-just not for dinner" scribbled on in a pretty green color. She was standing up and blocking everyone's view-it was only a matter of time before she was removed from the stadium. Maybe she and dog guy could have there own little party.

As I scan the rows, something, or someone, catches my attention. A tall man in a large, black trench coat. It makes me feel hot just looking at him.

Who would wear such a heavy coat on such a beautiful da-

I'm interrupted mid-thought when I see a short, girl with long, blonde, anime-like pigtails trailing from the top of her head all the way down to her waist, clapping her hands and cheering with the rest of the crowd.

Except that she isn't a "she."

Aside from the phony, clip-on pigtails, he's wearing his regular white polo with black shorts that ride up his thighs as he sits down, and his brown, leather boots.

The extensions kind of suit him.

Angered by my initial first reaction, I shake the thought from my head and put on my angry face, even though I know he can't see it. So the tall man in the trench coat must be Claude...

Damned butler.

~~~

When the game finally ends, me and Sebastian stand up and begin to head out of the stadium.

"I need to use the restroom. I'll be right back." I excuse myself from my beaming father figure to storm towards the cross-dressing brat.

As I approach, Alois smiles, and waves.

"Hello. I'm Eloisa, how do you do?" He curtsies, imitating an awful Australian accent.

Is he really dumb enough to think I'll fall for such a pathetic disguise?

"Alois, what the hell are you doing here?"

He freezes, before poutingly taking out the clips and throwing them on the ground for Claude to pick up.

"Aw... I really thought these would work! Stupid pigtails." He whines, not paying any notice to me.

"Alois, leave me the hell alone." I harshly order.

"I wasn't here for you," he remarks, suddenly getting his sass on and putting his hand on his hip, "I was just here to watch the, uhhh, the... baseball team play." He finished, nodding his head.

I roll my eyes and walk away. I don't have time for this brat.