Chapter 3: Get Well Soon.

"... Went pretty deep... We're not sure about the details yet, but life is definitely going to change for him."

I opened my eyes. I tried to sit up, but I felt a sharp pain in my back that kept me from moving. I groaned in pain. Sebastian came over to me with a concerned look on his face.

"Master, you woke up... How do you feel?"

I moved a hand to my side.

"How do you think?"

Sebastian looked at me, with a hint of annoyance added to his expression.

"What the bloody hell happened to me?"

"It seems you have been impaled."

he replied. I groaned again.

"That damned brat Alois..."

Sebastian cocked his head to the side, confused.

"I'm sorry?"

I sighed.

"Oh, its nothing... When can I leave this place, anyways?"

Sebastian looked to the ground with a sad expression on his face. He didnt respond.

"Well??"

I said, frusterated.

Sebastian opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it, and looked to the ground again.

"You'll be in here for a few months."

I sighed in relief.

"Thank GOD..."

Sebastian looked at me, puzzled.

"You aren't upset that you're missing school?"

I smirked.

"Oh, you're right. No more pointless studying in a classroom full of idiots? Well shit, I don't know what I'll do now."

Sebastian smiled slightly.

"Ciel, since when do not care about school?"

I shrugged.

"Since I realized there are more important things in life than the quadratic formula."

He acted surprised and clapped.

"Congratulations, Ciel, you got a life!"

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Look who's talking, loyal pet-"

"Ahem."

The doctor behind us cleared his throat. Sebastian scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, right."

The doctor pursed his lips.

"We should leave the boy; he needs his rest. Meanwhile, lets talk expenses..."

With that, they left me. I never even thought of that...

Expenses.

All of these fancy tubes and machines I was hooked up to; they weren't complimentary. We barely had enough money to survive as it was... So what now? Sebastian had a full time job at a local diner, and even that job was a miracle to find. Would we have to live on the streets? Would I still be able to go to school? No... Would I have to live with foster parents? I already lost everyone else I loved, not Sebastian too.... I tried to keep the tears from spilling, but I couldn't. They fell down my cheeks and splashed into my chest faster than I could handle... Soon enough I was sobbing. This was the first time I cried since my parents...