1.

'Yes mum I know, I did get here safe. I know mother. Yes i'll tell her. Okay love you too.' My mother worried about the slightest of details about me, whether that was me walking home to me sitting alone at lunch. Me moving to university just proved all that.

I was only 60 miles away from home but I sure as hell got a lot of pep talks from both my mother and my sister. I loved my family a lot, but the never need to worry about me as much as they already do. I'm 20 years old, not 16 anymore. I had only just gotten to the university when she called. It only took us a couple of hours to get here, and still my mother was calling me every 30 minutes to make sure I was still alive. 

We got here around 11:00 and it was now 12:30. It took us a while to get my dorm key, but it wasn't long after that we were heading to my dorm to start unpacking. I took quite a leisurely stroll around the flat that I was staying in, as my sister was moving boxes into my room. I wanted to help her bring everything in, but she declined and told me to go and meet people. So that was what I planned on doing. 

The flat I moved into was quite small. We lived on the 6th floor so the walk up took a while. The receptionist told us the lift was down and would have to walk the six flights to our floor, but that didn't phase my sister as she carried 2 boxes at a time to my room. Overall there were only 6 of us in total in the flat, which made it quite cozy. We each had an en-suite in our room which made it feel a lot more relaxing. 

My room was the second door down from the main doors, so I was fairly close to the kitchen. Our flat only consisted of one corridor with rooms either side, and the kitchen right at the end. As I walked around, no one had really turned up so it was just me on my own. The kitchen was bare, just a couple fridge freezers and 2 stove/ovens. We had quite a large living space with a set of table and chairs enough for 4 people. Its as a quaint apartment but just enough for the 6 of us. 

After what felt like forever of walking around our small apartment, my sister walked out to greet me.

'I have moved everything into your room, you just need to unpack it all.' She moved over to the massive couch in our kitchen looking up at me.

'That's fine, i'll do it later. Mum said hi by the way, and thanked you for bringing me.' I moved over to sit next to my sister who was now paying all of her attention to her phone.

'Awesome, well if you don't mind, i'm going to go to my hotel and unpack. I'll be back tomorrow if you need anything.' And with that my sister stood up, hugged me and left without another word.

I took a short stroll back to my room to start unpacking, when I heard the main door unlock and open. A short girl walked in, no taller than 5'6. Her blonde hair was covering half of her face, and she looked exhausted. She trampled into the flat followed by 2 middle aged people, obviously her parents. she looked up and instantly stopped when she noticed me watching her from my bedroom door.

'Hi, I'm Charlie. Know where room 134 is?' She smiled at me as she put one of her bags down and moved her hair out of her face.

'Hey, Alex nice to meet you. It just opposite my room here.' She picked up her bags again and walked towards her room.

'Thanks Alex. Nice name by the way.' I smiled as she unlocked her room and walked in, her parents following closely behind.

As Charlie entered her room I went to my bed and grabbed the door wedge that was in my rucksack. I re-opened my door and wedged it open, hoping I could start making a new friend. Before I knew it, I was unpacking half of my things, making my room feel more like home. I put my fairy lights above my pin board, lighting it up making the room less dull and pinned a few pictures of my friends up along with a small A5 poster.