9 · fairly local

tyler did not for the life of him know what to wear to the date.

joshua never gave him details as to where they were going, so he didn't know if he should wear something casual or formal.

  he decided on a pair of panties of course, a light pink t-shirt, and a pair of blue jeans.

it was comfortable, yet didn't make him look like a hulagin.

  he heard a knock on the door, then footsteps.

his heart dropped instantly. he didn't remember to tell his parents, who were now at the door greeting his date.

  the brunette ran down the stairs, pulling on brown boots before doing so.

when he finally made it to the door, his face lit up with both happiness and shock. his mother looked pleased while his father looked uneasy.

"so, who's this boy," mr.joesph asked, pointing to a smiling joshua in the doorway. "is he your boyfriend, son?"

"o-oh no, he's jus' takin' me on a date tonight, sir." tyler stuttered, making his way to the three by the door.

his father turned to the red head, judging him as he took in his grungey apperence.

"you better treat my boy right, ya' here me?" mr.joesph ordered, getting a furious nod and a 'yes sir.' from the shaking boy.

"ya'll have fun! and tyler honey, dont go doin' nothing you know the lord would disprove of, got it? its bad enough youre goin' on a date with a boy, but he'll forgive you at some point." mrs.joesph rambled, sighing through her nose.

the brunette kissed his mother goodbye and side hugged his father, before walking out the door with the curly haird lad.

     "so where we goin'?" the brown eyed boy asked, hopping into the other boys truck.

     "hmm." joshua thought, putting his seatbelt on. "its a surprise."

    the brunette whined, getting an eyebrow raise from the red head.

     "hate surprises." tyler mumbled, pouting in a cute, childish way that made the red head melt.

the two drove away from the average sized house, only one knowing the destination.

tyler looked at his date, taking in his yellow mustard turtle neck and brown bell bottom slacks. he couldn't help but giggle.

"what's so funny?" joshua asked, giving the boy a side glance before looking back to the dirt road ahead.

"nothin' muffin." tyler giggled again, using a nimble hand to cover his peach lips. "its jus' i haven't seen a turtle neck like that since i was a boy."

"wow.." josh made a fake offended face, using one of his calloused hands to cover his heart. "that's rude."

"m'sorry, you look absolutely lovely." the brunette smiled, giggling through his words.

"what i thought." the red head sassed, pulling up to a diner tyler has never been to, hearing that it was way overpriced.