CHAPTER FOURTEEN

⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀  ⠀⠀— ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ ჯᏆᏙ ;;

⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀— ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ ჯᏆᏙ ;;

⠀⠀⠀⠀Gracyn stared into the vanity, tying in curled locks into a bun in an attempt to keep it out of his face as he put all of the notes they'd all received into a line, putting the puzzle together. Albeit a puzzle for five year olds. After lining them all up Gracyn was able to make more sense of it, it was a poem.

there once was a gentle knight
his motives good and pure.
and then he asked himself
"what good comes from those...
aware of their own grandeur?"

his question was answered
one fateful summer night
with the breeze so cool
the stars and moon so bright
a silhouette came into view

'I am the goddess of night.'
Her voice both light and bright
Spoke of a warrior, brave and beastly
Who would save him and his kin
'But do not trust the twin

For she is made of evil and darkness
Sculpted from the depths of hell
Her heart his made of pure ice
A luring tale, she will tell
A tale of riches and gold'..."

It was an odd poem, but one that seemed vaguely familiar, or maybe he was reading too much into it. He had heard a lot of poems throughout his life, thanks to his grandfather, who'd collected tons of poetry books.

Gracyn remembered when he first moved in with his grandparents, it was almost too fast for him to comprehend.

His mother and stepfather wanted their own child. Because, even though Gideon loved Gracyn like his own, he wasn't his. He didn't have his blood running through his veins. So, when Gracyn began his studies with his grandparents, they began trying for their own child.

And, when Gracyn turned eleven, they succeeded. His mother began pregnant with what they would later learn to be a little girl. Gracyn was so excited to be a big brother, to teach his little sibling all sorts of things.

Archery, tying knots, magic, and so much more. Some even said maybe he was more excited than the child's actual parents.

If only he got to meet her.

His mother went into labor early, and there were tremendous complications as a result. She was in labor for almost two days before it all ended. The pain had subsided, the screaming stopped, and Gracyn watched as two doctors came out of her room and revealed to him and the rest of his family that neither Gracyn's mother nor his stillborn sister had survived.