02

nahee smiled as she looked at her mother then at the couple in front of her.

"nahee, this is my best friend from high school and her husband!" her mother announced.

nahee subtly let out a sigh of relief that the prince-like boy at the table was not related to her.

"nice to meet you." nahee greeted, bowing slightly.

"this is our son, shihyun." the lady introduced. shihyun stood up and nodded politely at them.

"and, honey. this is our table. so you can sit here with shihyun while i go look for more people to talk to!" her mother said, gently nudging her to the table where shihyun had sat back down at.

"i'll call you if i need to introduce you to anyone." her mother said.

"yeah, i'd rather you didn't." nahee said after her mother left. shihyun's parents had also followed after her, leaving her and shihyun alone at the table.

"i totally get how you feel. my parents have been dragging me all over the place. i got tired so i've been staying at this table. no one's here but now that you are, im not lonely anymore." shihyun said, talking alot more that nahee would have guessed.

"yes, its like a family reunion or something." nahee added.

"im not even sure why i was invited? we're not part of the yoo family." shihyun continued after nahee looked at him quizically. "kim shihyun."

"that's a pretty name." nahee mumbled absentmindedly, as she looked across the hall at her mother who was chatting up a storm.

"it means 'to shine'." shihyun informed.

nahee looked back at him and his smiling face. all she could think about was that he was shining already.

///

this took me like a year to update wow