• 4 •

Cold air blew at me when I moved out the door. It was just afternoon and yet it had become quite cold. I thought to go home to find my jacket but I really don't want to go back again and explain my mother where I went.
She made me angry. It may sound as she was worried about me but I know better. She had never asked me how I felt and what I wanted, she only did what was the best in her opinion.

I always go to the Forest when I wanted to be alone. The forest was not really small so there always could be people but if you went down a certain path, then you come to a small stream and it's beautiful. I am pretty sure I am the only person who knows about this secret place.

I arrived at my secret place but.. there was a boy at one of the trees. He was absorbed in a book and still did not noticed me because his face looked peaceful so peacefully that he seemed to fit perfectly into the Forest. My eyes fell on his hair and I realized I know this boy. This is Jordan's Brother.
I didn't know if I should stay or go, so I stopped and just looked at him.

"Hey", the boy suddenly said and I realized that he looked at me. His eyes resembled those of Jordan's eyes, only they were a little darker and much nicer. They were soft, hot, like you can drown in them.
"H-hi." How did this boy found this place? I went here for about six years and I had never seen someone here.
"Crazy!", said the boy. "I was not expecting that there is still someone who knows this place."
I replied "me too", and he laughed.

"I would say there's enough space for two", he said and showed me with one hand to sit down. I nodded slowly and let the ground fall to me, with his back to a tree the boys over
"I know you!" he said suddenly then he screwed up his eyes "You're a friend of Jordan, right?"
"I would not really call ourselves as friends", I said
The boy's face changed abruptly, he smiled again and his eyes got this soft sparkle again as he stretched out his hand. "I am Josh."
Surprised I grabbed his hand, it was warm and soft. "Tyler."
"Tyler? The Tyler from Jordan's class?"
Jordan had talked about me. And I was pretty sure that it was nothing positive.
"He said you are weird and a psycho."
Oh great, now Josh thinks I am a psycho even though he didn't know me.
"We are all strange." Josh said. He had now folded his arms behind his head and leaned with his back against a tree with closed eyes and a wide grin on his face. "Who decides what's weird?"
"The society.", I replied
Josh's eyes lit up. "Exactly, the society! And the society is useless and stupid."
I nodded and tried to hold my smile back.
"I like strange." Josh said and yet these words were somehow more beautiful than anything else ever had said to me.