• 12 •

Josh jumped in the water and I waited anxiously, he showed up again, which he did after a few moments. "Come in, the water is really warm for March!"

I grinned into me "Don't fuck with me, you idiot", I shouted back.

I breathed deep through, repressed the shaking of my hands and the lace-up to my neck and jumped. With a loud clapping, I ended up in the water, went into hiding for a few seconds. It was freezing cold and yet I felt more alive than ever before, somehow.

"Fuck!", I shouted and clapped my hands on the dark surface of the water, so that a charge clapped me drops in the face.

Josh, who stood in front of me in the lake, laughed. "Is it not warm enough?", he asked and I also have to laugh while I waded to him over. "wait..."

Josh did not even have the time to react, so quickly I squeezed his head under water. I let go immediately, and burst, he reappeared. "Holy crap, that's cold!", he cursed and looked at me then evil grinning. "You'll pay for this!"

-

Frieze and the entire body trembling I crawled out of the lake, closely followed by Josh. We had spent at least half an hour in it.

Josh went to his bag and pulled out two towels. After all, he was smart enough to bring towels, otherwise we would probably still frozen. He threw one at me laughing in the face, he wrapped the other around. I had snuggled me tight in the towel and waited that the heat came back in my limbs.

"Have you noticed something?", asked Josh and came over to me. Individual drops of water which landed silently on the forest floor broke away from his hair tips.
I looked at him confused. What was he talking about? I did not understand what he meant until when Josh took my hands in his. I had no fear, the whole time not from the point where I had landed in the water. I had simply stopped to think. My hands no longer showed the slightest remains black and I suspected that even my neck looked like this too.

I was aware that this was not the end of Blurryface. Knew that he would come back and if he did that, then it would be shit. But this was a start.

"I have defeated him," I breathed and looked back and forth from my hands and Josh. "I did it."

"Yes," he whispered "you did it"
I felt tears in my eyes. "Oh god, thank you," I gasped and fell Josh around the neck before I would have to think twice about it. "Thank you, Josh. Thank you so much."