Reconnecting

Jennifer still hadn't called Colin. Avery expected some news about her farther when she got home so Jennifer needed to call Colin quickly. She looked down at the piece of paper that had Colin's number scribbled on it. She picked up the phone and started to dial it for the 5th time, but this time she let it ring. It rang for quite a while and Jennifer was about to hang up when a man with an all to familiar Irish accent picked up the phone. "Hello?" Jennifer could not believe that it was him. Did she really want to do this? She was gonna change his life forever. He was happy right now, she wasn't sure if she wanted to ruin that for him. "Anyone there?" Colin asked through the phone. Jennifer had to decide fast or else he was gonna hang up. "Hey it's Jennifer-"
"Jennifer Morrison! I haven't heard from your for years," Colin was surprised that she was calling. Why was she calling him? "Yeah it's me," Jennifer smiled. "So... why are you calling? What's up?" Colin asked. "I actually kinda have something to confess," Jennifer started. "Confess?" Colin was confused. "Ok I am just gonna spit it out. You have a daughter," Jennifer said. "I have a daughter? How?" Colin was in shock. "Well before the accident we were together..." Jennifer had just told him what she had been dreading for years. Together was an understatement because before the breakup and accident they were everything to each other. " I think you mentioned that at the hospital," Colin tried desperately to remember. "Yeah I did," Maybe he remembered more. "And we have a child together?" Colin asked. "Her name is Avery," Jennifer told him. "Wow this is all so-" Jennifer interrupted him "Crazy," she answers. "Yeah," Colin laughed "So the reason why I called is because Avery wants to meet you," Jennifer told him. "I would love to meet her," Colin said excitedly. "To be honest with you I am surprised that you aren't mad at me," Jennifer admitted. "While I kinda understand why you didn't tell me. I didn't remember..." Colin trailed off. "Yeah and you and Helen," Jennifer added. "Oh umm Helen and I are not together," he stuttered. "What really?" Jennifer said surprised. "Yeah well when you left Justyna informed that Helen and I got a divorce. She also told me that we used to be together, but she never mentioned anything about a baby," Colin explained. "While you have a daughter she desperately wants to meet you so when do you have time?" Jennifer asked trying to get back to the reason why she called. "I am pretty much free all the time, but where do you live now?" Colin asked. "I live in LA," Jennifer answered. "That's crazy! I live here too," Colin said. "Ok well umm how about two Friday's from now?" Jennifer suggested. Ginny and Josh would be going over to Jennifer's house for dinner, so Colin could join too. This way it wouldn't be as awkward. Josh would be happy to reconnect with Colin. "Sounds good. What time?" Colin asked. "6:30," she replied. "Ok see you then," Colin said and was about to hang up. "Wait I forgot, tell Justyna to come too," Jennifer hadn't seen her since she gave her the engagement ring that Colin gave to her. "You should probably call her yourself. She doesn't talk to me much," Jennifer could hear the sadness on his voice. She wondered what happened. "Do you have her number?" Jennifer asked. Colin gave Jennifer Justyna's number and then they said their goodbyes.

"Hello?" Justyna said through the phone. It was a privet number and she didn't recognize the number. "Hey it's Jennifer," She said. "Jennifer Morrison?" Justyna asked. "Yup it's me!" Jennifer said. "Umm I actually have to go..." Justyna lied. "Wait! I just wanted to invite you to dinner," Jennifer said before she could hang up. "I am really busy," Justyna made up another excuse. "Colin will be there and you can meet my daughter," Jennifer tried to convince her to go. "Wait, Colin?" Justyna was confused. "Yeah Avery wants to meet him. Oh Avery is my daughter," Jennifer realized that she hadn't told Justyna her name yet. "I can't believe that you reconnected with Colin," Justyna was now interested. "This is gonna be the first time I have seen him since..." she trailed off. "Oh I see," Justyna now understood. "He told me that you don't talk to him anymore," Jennifer mentioned. "I never gave him your ring back. And I didn't tell him about Avery and I just should have done more to get you two back together," Justyna had been feeling guilty for so long. "From what he told me you did make a difference. He isn't with Helen and he knows that we were together," Jennifer tried to make her feel better. "When you left he was convinced that you hated him. He said that since you left you didn't like him anymore. He was so confused Jennifer, and I just wish I pushed him towards you," Justyna said. "You couldn't have done anything. I had already changed my number and I was already packing my bags for LA. You had no way to contact me and Colin wouldn't have been able to either," Jennifer felt bad that Justyna felt like everything was her fault. "I understand what you are saying, but you and Colin belong together and I hope that you two can work things out," Justyna felt a little bit better. "So will you come to dinner?" Jennifer asked. "Sure it will be just like old times and I am excited to meet Avery," Justyna said. "Ok dinner is at 6:30 two Fridays from now," Jennifer told her. "Ok see you then. I can't wait to catch up with you," Justyna said excitedly.

Sorry for the really late update. I was working on A One Time Thing and then I kinda forgot that I hadn't updated yet. Please vote and comment 😄