Chapter 12

Del's P.O.V

I stand outside Walt's window trying to hear their conversation. I only hear bits and pieces of what their saying.

"I can't believe you like her!" Walt is yelling. "I'm sorry, there's just something about her!" Harris replies angrily.

"She is such a nerd though! dude, what's going on? you used to talk to me about how worthless she was and how much you hated her, now you like her?! I can't believe it!"

There's a long pause. "Dude, we've been friends for a long time. And right now, I don't know if it's such a good idea anymore. You've lost all sense. Football seasons around the corner, and you can't get yourself distracted by this!"

"I know I know" I finally hear Harris reply. "Ok, but I'm still ticked that you would even think about that, so, until you come to your senses about her, don't talk, or look at me. Got it?"

Then, there's no sound at all. I hear the front door start to open so I dart around the side of their house trying not to draw any attention to myself.

Harris walks out and climbs into his car and drives away. I sneak up to the door and knock.

"Came to your- oh." It's Walt. "Hey babe, c'mon in." He pulls the door open all the way and I walk in. I walk up the stairs and sit on his bed.

"What was that all about?" I say once he walks through the door. "Nothing" he says turning his head to the side.

"C'mon, you can tell me anything." I say giving him the puppy face. "Aw, c'mon Del don't give me that face, it's non of your business." "Please baby" I say walking closer grabbing his arms and pulling him close.

He turns his head. "No, I can't." I kiss him. "No, Del, it's between me and Harris." I grab his waist and pull him against me, kissing him harder. "Okay, okay, fine."

I stare intently into his eyes. "Harris likes a girl, that I don't approve of him dating." I stare at him, expecting a name.

"Well, what's her name?" I say rubbing my hands up and down his sides. "I can't tell you." "Well why not?!"

"Because......because it's your sister! okay?!" he shouts putting his hands up in defense.

I stare at him in the eyes. "What?" I say shocked. "It's your sister, he likes your sister, now please, don't tell anyone or I'll never forgive you" he says pointing his finger at me.

"Of course I promise!" I say grabbing him into a hug. "My sister finally has a secret admirer." He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. "I love you." He says. I look up and kiss him. "I love you too." We stand together, just hugging in the silence. "I can't believe it." I say breaking the silence.