Chapter 5

The next day, you know after...the smile. Was totally weird. I still got hit by some things, but none of them involved Harris. Do you think he might be starting to like me? No, I have to stop thinking of him like that. He's a jerk. A smokin hot one. NO. STOP THAT! He's not...oh who am I kidding, he is rather attractive. His tight jaw line, strong figure, fluffy brown hair, blue eyes. He's hypnotizing. And if he hadn't acted like a jerk before, I'd totally be crushing on him. Actually I might already be crushing on him now even though he had been mean before. But, even if I planned on telling him, I'd either embarrass myself and get beat up even more, or if for even the tiniest chance he likes me back, I'd be the most hated girl in school because I went from nerd to dating head jock in a day. I won't even mention all the girls that would resent me for dating their crush.

Harris' P.O.V

There's Penelope again, in one of her dazes. I wonder if that's what attracts me to her the most. Or maybe it's the way her brown, wavy hair falls just beneath her shoulders, or her bright blue eyes. Or possibly the way she never gets depressed, or cuts when she gets bullied. She's always got a bright attitude to life. Wait, what am I saying? She's supposed to be a geek! But she's so pretty, and kind. I can't help but find myself falling for her. But, I can't tell her, she'll laugh in my face, I've been so mean. Maybe I should apologize. No, then everyone at school would think I'm on her side and think I'm weak, I might not even be taken seriously enough to play football. I'll just have to keep it to myself for now.