Chapter 11

Harris' P.O.V

This is it. Today's the day when I tell Walt about my crush on Penelope.

I have to tell him sometime if I really want to get into a serious relationship with her. I've been trying my best to keep jocks and chics away from her so she doesn't get hurt.

I can't stand to see her cry.

I pull my car up to Walt's house. I walk up and pause for a second. Rethinking what I'm doing. No. This is for Penelope.

I force myself to knock on the door. Walt's mom Terese opens the door. "Hi Mrs. Hennepin." I say flashing a smile. "Oh, hold on one second dear!" I never understood why she called me dear. Maybe she thought of me as her second son because I'm so close to Walt.

"Walt dear, Harrison is here." She calls me by my full name too. I hate my full name.

"C'mon up!" he shouts from his bedroom. Mrs. Hennepin lets me in and I slowly walk up the stairs. Practicing what I should say over and over. Trying to make it sound perfect.

By the time I know it I'm in his room. Del is sitting on his lap and there kissing and playing with each other at the same time. He kisses her cheek and she kisses his nose and it's just.... uck.

"Ahem." I clear my throat to let him know I'm there. "Oh" he says taking his attention away from Del for second. She keeps kissing him. "Del, baby, I need to talk to Harris. He 'says' it's important." He looks at me with is eyebrows raised. "It is very important." I say nodding my head once for emphasis.

"Aaaaaaw" she says giving him a pouty lip. "Do I have to?" he pulls her bottom lip down and let's it flip back up itself. "Yes baby, I'm sorry" I gag. Walt glares at me and Del stomps out of the room. As she walks out the door she turns around and gives him a wave and a wink while saying: "I'll miss you my wittle pooky bear" "I'll miss you too honey bunch" he says blowing a kiss her way. She grabs it and puts it against her cheek. I walk over to the door. "Okay, love fest is over goodbye." I start to close the door.

"But-" I cut her off by closing the door.

"Hey!" Walt scolds me. "Hey what?!" "I said I have something very important to talk about!"

"Alright then, shoot."

I hesitate. Now that I'm here, in the moment, I don't know how to say this.

"Alright, I'll just say it." "I like Penelope." I blurt. "Penelope?" Penelope who?" he says raising his eyebrows and turning his head slightly to hear me better. "Ryans. Penelope Ryans." He stares at me. Just stares. He shakes his head. He gets up and walks out of the room.

I stand alone in his room. I can't believe I just did that.