Chapter 21

I wake up to the sun seeping in through the shades. I squint my eyes and shield them from the sun. Then I remember that today I get to go home! I start to get up but feel a pain in my arm from the IV in my arm. I wince and slowly sit back down. I adjust the IV back in place.

The door swings open and the black haired girl, Shira, walks in. "Are you ready to go home?!?!" She says cheerfully. "Yes!!!" I say enthusiastically. I'm so excited! I can't wait to go home and see how I used to live.

The nurse walks in and smiles. "Alright, it's time for you to go home!" Her smile widens as she takes the tape off of the IV in my arm. She slowly pulls the IV out of my arm and I watch with fascination.

Once I'm all ready to go Shira leads me out to Harris' car. Delilah sits in the backseat with me and Shira and Harris are in the front. I can't believe I already know their names. They're all weird.

We pull up to a medium size house. The frames of the windows are white. The sides are a pastel green. The walkway is lined with flowers. At the grinch port there are roses hanging in a pot on either side. The driveway and house is hidden from the road by pine trees. It looks quiet and cozy. I smile as the car comes to a park.

"Ooh! Let's give her a tour!" Delilah shrieks. "Okay!" Shira exclaims and the hop out of the car. I follow them to the backyard. It is spacious and has a neatly placed fireplace with rocks surrounding it close to the woods. To the right a few yards is a beautiful giant willow tree. It's branches sway in the breeze and hypnotize me for a moment. Underneath it is a cute little park bench with a table and book. It's so majestic! There is a stone path leading to the fire place from the platform underneath and surrounding the reddish brown deck. Underneath the deck is a cute little sanctuary. There's a screen with a projector and a sofa in front of the screen. Lights hang from the ceiling that would make a light night movie perfect. I can't believe how amazing it looks!

"Wow!!" I say scanning the yard. "I know! Isn't it great?!?!" Delilah shrieks. "Every Friday, me and you come out here and have a movie night!" Shira says eagerly. I stare in awe. I love it so much!

"This isn't even the half of it!" Delilah shrieks. "Let's show you the inside!" Delilah exclaims and grabs my hand and starts to run to the front door. I stumble after her. Once we are inside I remove my shoes and look around.

The landing has green and white tiles that match the outside of the house. The walls are the same green and one wall has a picture of a vase with roses in it. The stairs are the same color as the deck. A reddish brown wood. I follow the stairs that lead down and the doorway welcomes me to a whole different world. Fluffy white carpet. Must be heated because it feels toasty on my feet. I wiggle my toes and take in the the warm fluffiness. I walk to the right and a brown leather couch sits facing a flat screen tv. A brown fluffy bowl chair sits close to the mint walls. This place is fancy.

Shira leads me back towards the stairs and passed them to a door. On the door in black, mint, and teal, it reads 'Penelope' in fancy writing. "I love it!" I say. "Wait till I open the door!" Shira shrieks. She opens it and a trundle bed sits in front of a shelf that is part of the wall. On it is a lamp, which I assume is for reading. A few nicknacks are placed neatly there too. I have a closet built into the wall with a sliding mirror door. A window sits to the left of my bed. The walls are the same mint color as in the room outside. They have black, white, and teal splatter paint. This room is awesome.

"I know right!" Shira read my mind. "This is your room!" She squeals. My jaw drops. "Really?" I ask. "Yes!" She claps her hands. "Let's show her the upstairs now!" Delilah says from out of nowhere. Why hasn't Harris said anything yet? The 2 girls lead me upstairs and show me the living room and kitchen. Same green, tile, white. Then they show me the guest room. My parents room. My sisters room. Finally, the bathrooms. Which I guess I could use right now. Be right back.

O_O

After the tour we all get a snack from the kitchen and go sit outside in front of the screen. We watch a movie called 'Frozen' together and it was so AMAZING! I love Anna and Olaf and Kristoff and Elsa and Sven and ALL OF THE CHARACTERS. Except Hans. He can go die in a hole for all I care. 😒

Shira yawns and stretches. "I better get going, don't wanna be late for doing nothing tomorrow!" She laughs. "Yeah, I wanna go in my room and go on my phone till 3 in the morning." Delilah agrees. I laugh. "Alright well I'm going to stay out here a while and relax." I say stretching. We wave goodbye and I turn towards Harris.

I snuggle close to him and he wraps his arm around me. "What do you wanna do?" He asks. "Maybe....watch another movie?!?!" I ask hopefully. He sighs. "All right." He gives in. "Yay!" I squeal and follow him to the movies. "What movie is your favorite?" I ask. He thinks a moment and then shrugs. "Alright fine, then we will just watch.." I scan the titles. "Divergent." I say finally finding an interesting title. He is silent. I pull the movie out and scan it. I recognize this. Why do I? Wait...Ive seen this, haven't I?

"Have I seen this before?" I ask Harris breaking the silence. He stays quiet for a moment then nods. "Did you see it with me?" I say breaking the silence again. He nods again. I stand up and walk over to the projector and put in the DVD. I sit on the couch and Harris soon joins me. We both get into comfortable positions again and Harris drapes a blanket over us as it is starting to chilly outside. I pull myself closer to him. Like I might go through him.

I feel like there's something no one has told me. Like they are keeping a secret from me that they think will ruin my life. I don't know. It's probably just my imagination.