chapter 5

Riff grunted once the elevator went up to the lab where Rocky was supposed to be kept until for a later time. As the gate opened, Riff rushed as quickly as he could outside the elevator since Frank had his whip with him. 

“Mercy!” Riff Raff screamed, but fell to his knees once the whip struck his back, making Brad and Miracle cringe for him.

“How did it happen?” Frank snarled, lashing out again. “I trusted you to be watching!”

“I was only away for a minute, Master…” Riff mumbled, quietly praying the pain would stop as soon as possible.

“Well, see if you can find him on the monitors!” Frank whipped a couple more times. He was very angered with his not-so faithful handyman, then he felt a disturbance. He looked down, not surprised to see that LP had clung onto him. “Little Precious, get off.”

“Daddy, why do you have to be so mean?” LP whimpered with her eyes itching with tears.

Riff Raff got himself up on his feet to go up to the monitors which showed the outside world of the castle. Brad looked at the strange residents of the castle, not sure whether to feel sorry, speak up, or just stay back. He’d hate to see what would happen if he himself had made Frank angry. 

“Master, Master!” Riff called once he got a signal from outside the entrance as it was still lightly drizzling outside. “We have a visitor.”

Frank walked with his daughter to the monitor. Brad couldn’t help but feel curious once he looked with him. “Hey, Scotty!” he chuckled, looking at them as they looked back at him. They looked at me like he said something foolish. “Dr. Everett Scott.”

“You know this Earth—“ Riff stuttered, stopping himself. He couldn’t give away his true identity like the others in the castle besides Columbia from that question, so he quickly thought up a replacement noun to cover it up. “Person?”

“Yes, he happens to be an old friend of mine.” Brad clarified.

LP’s eyes widened, then she turned to Miracle. “You’re a spy, aren’t you!?” she pointed deathly at the blonde girl. “Daddy always said people of this world were dangerous!”

Miracle looked hurt. “No! I’m no spy!” she exclaimed as her accent got thicker from her emotional response from being wrongfully accused. She wouldn’t ever spy on anyone. “I’ve never met this Dr. Scott!”

“I see,” Frank glanced at Brad and Miracle. “So perhaps, this wasn’t a chance in meeting, you came here with a purpose!”

“I told you, our car broke down,” Brad defended. “I was telling the truth.”

“Daddy, it might be a coincidence, Miracle wouldn’t lie to me.” LP took her father’s hand as he took out a cigarette.

“Miracle? What a naïve name,” Frank scoffed, then stormed to Brad with his whip. “This Dr. Everett Scott, his name is not unknown to me!”

“He was a teacher at Denton High School!” Brad added.

“And he works for your government, doesn’t he Brad?” Frank continued to interrogate the poor man. “Searching for those of which you call UFOs!” 

“He might be, I don’t know!” Brad flinched once he was on the floor with Frank towering over him.

“Intruder has entered the building, Master.” Riff said as he turned off the monitor. 

Dr. Scott had indeed gotten inside the castle, somehow. He was alone, how could he have gotten in himself? This caused Frank to turn dramatically. “He could be anywhere… Maybe… In the Zen Room!”