chapter 4

Brad and Janet were then pulled off by Columbia to get to the rooms they would be staying in, separate rooms. Columbia slowly schooled her features into a forced, emotionless look. She got a cotton pink robe for Janet and a blue one for Brad. Miracle followed LP to a room as Columbia took care of her parents. Miracle gave LP a tiny, comforting smile. Instead of hugging the girl as they walked to where the room she would stay, she placed her hand in hers, and squeezed.

“Are you okay?” Miracle asked her accent thicker from the nerves.

LP turned to her. “Fine, why do you ask?” she asked in a shaky tone, like she was worried Miracle was going to hurt her. LP’s eyes then widened as she passed Riff Raff and Magenta glancing at the monitor in Janet’s room.

Riff noticed her gaze and put a finger to his mouth to hush her.

LP nodded, then took Miracle away from their spot and went to a guest room. “You’ll stay here,” LP opened the door to a purple room in contrast to Brad’s blue and Janet’s pink. Same room, different color, cheap castle. “Well, good night.” LP handed a purple robe, quickly shut the door and bumped into her father, but saw him wearing a blue robe with glasses like Brad’s and a wig to match Brad’s hair in his hands. She knew her father anywhere. “Daddy, what’re you—“

“Shush,” Frank hushed her in his natural voice. “Go to sleep now, Daddy has business to attend to.”

LP nodded, then went to her bedroom, not noticing Miracle’s door was open to a crack, like she was observing Frank’s paternal instincts toward his own daughter. Miracle blinked from where she could see the hallway. Her emerald eyes widened, how could anyone treat their child like that? What is he doing? She thinks to herself. Her fingers combed through her hair to make sure there were no knots; thankfully her hair was barely ever knotted. On the thoughts of parents as well, she found herself wondering about how she was so different from Brad and Janet, and how similar the two servants seemed.

Riff Raff and Magenta were cleaning the remains of the lab after locking Eddie in the freezer. The siblings craved lust since it had been so long since last time, Magenta looked at her brother, then at Rocky as he was sleeping after his ‘experience’ with his creator. Riff Raff looked at him, then Magenta, she gestured that she wanted to be alone with him. Riff got the message and decided to scare Rocky out of the room so the two could be alone. Riff scared Rocky with the candelabra, making the muscleman run and scream with fear, breaking his chains, looking like a startled child. Both siblings laughed as Rocky was gone and had escaped, allowing them to perform their sacred sign together which was seen as a strange custom to their new home. Rocky ran outside, he had to get away from all these horrible people.

Miracle got back into her bed and started to hum a Transylvanian tune, though, she didn’t know where she had heard it. Speaking of which, LP had the same tune ringing in her head and ears. She looked all around her bedroom to see posters from her homeland in Transylvania, which was actually not on Earth. She walked up to a poster of her father, as he was a sex symbol back home. LP pulled a switch on her monitor to locate the source of the lullaby in her head, passing Riff Raff and Magenta preforming the Transylvanian sign, or as Transylvanians her age called it ‘elbow sex’, Janet in her room crying for Brad, and finally LP saw Miracle in her room, singing the old lullaby. LP found herself singing along to it, her grandmother used to sing it to her when her father was busy doing other things in her spare time, and Magenta occasionally sang it to her, but nearly choked in tears before she could finish it.

“Moonlight cups your gentle face

A mother’s wish for love and grace

Little one, you are bright as May