chapter 7

As soon as Magenta had left, Frank came strutting down the halls. He went to Miracle’s room first as he didn’t want his daughter to protest. “I need your help, child.” He said simply, grabbing her wrist to pull her along. He then went to LP’s room. “Little Precious, I have decided you can come see the show, it may be good for you.”

Soon, he had the girls in the theater room. He sat LP in the audience, then he got Miracle to come backstage and explain to her when to pull the lever. He could see Riff Raff in her even if he couldn’t see Magenta in her looks. So he decided she might as well help as planned that she could serve him and LP, though, mostly LP. It was time for the show and it started with an almost fanfare type music. 

LP sat comfortably in the audience and stroked her hair back as the fog cleared from the stage. LP felt odd seeing people wear corsets, garter belts, stockings, and high heels with makeup all over their faces. On her father, it seemed normal, but seeing other people do it, looked very disturbing and unfitting. LP felt weirder seeing her father in completely different make up as he sang his soft song, Don’t Dream It, Be It. He used to sing it to her when he would give her baths as a baby. 

“Has anyone seen my old pet?” LP wondered out loud. “It looks like a feline with twelve legs…” LP then gasped as she saw her father had been wearing a fur boa in the animal she was describing. “Oh, my Garth!”

Frank then let out a loud gasp as the fog cleared and jumped from the diving board right into the pool, making some splashes of the water hit his daughter. He laid on his old SS Titanic float, making Columbia, Rocky, Brad and Janet come after him and give themselves over to absolute pleasure. Dr. Scott was backstage, still frozen however. Miracle pulled the lever as she was instructed to do and she followed Dr. Scott as close as where she could see the stage, but not disturb it. Suddenly, the tune changed and became a rock-like song. Everyone climbed out of the pool and started to dance in a line. Miracle was surprised to see this, but was even more surprised once she saw Dr. Scott’s legs dancing to the beat and he was wheeling himself across the stage. 

LP gripped the arms of her seat as she saw her father WITHOUT any makeup, it had washed off from the pool water. He seemed wilder than usual. It didn’t help that he was singing about being a wild and untamed thing. LP covered her eyes at most moments and caught herself looking at some points. 

“What is this madness?” LP mumbled to herself.

The doors suddenly slammed open to show Riff Raff with a laser pitchfork in his Transylvanian General uniform with his hair slicked up. Magenta was also there in uniform and her hair was poofed up with a skunk stripe and she had her hands on her hips. She looked slightly more attractive, but frightening from her hateful gaze. Riff Raff was threatening as he mentioned Frank’s mission was a failure and lifestyle was too extreme, but LP felt more relieved once she heard they were going to return to Transylvania. They were on their way to leave, but Frank called out: “WAIT!” All eyes were on him now. “I… I can explain…”

Frank whispered something to Columbia. She nodded and went to the spotlight as Rocky went to another place with a scared grin on his face. The humans all moved to the side to watch and sing backup as Frank sang a song about going home. He lost all sense of reality and walked toward LP’s godparents, but didn’t see them, only seeing an imaginary audience. 

LP got up from her seat and wanted to hug her father. She felt bad for him for some reason; she could understand the homesickness though. Ever since Frank told her they were leaving home to a strange planet known as Earth, she didn’t want to go and he just told her the topic wasn’t open for discussion and she had to go along with him no matter what. Frank sang the last verse and bobbed his head as he heard an audience praise him in his head, but he was broken from his fantasy as Magenta’s thick accent crawled in his ears. “How sentimental…” she droned.