Hallelujah.

Time For a Miracle, Hallelujah! 

Dear Diary,

People says there is a very thin line between sanity and insanity. Sometimes, I wonder if there even is one. 

Music is very important. 

It is said that there was a man, a pianist of some sort, who was on his death bed. His son was playing the piano for him - his father's last song. See, when you die, the power of hearing is the last thing you lose. Anyway, the boy didn't finish the song, maybe he was distressed or thought his father had already gone, I don't know. But the man, he jumped up from his death bed and finished the song. He couldn't stand leaving it unfinished. 

Now this morning I was listening to music on my shuffle, and a song came on. I had been trying to think of how I could make things right between me and Sherlock, formulating a plan. Then 'Hallelujah' came on, and I decided it was time for action. I put the song on a loop, and got up out of my death bed.

The rest happened in a  rush.

First I did twenty press ups. I did this so my muscles would look more defined. 'Your faith was strong but you needed proof-'

I got up and started grabbing things I would need. I still didn't have my briefcase. 'Maybe there's a god above but all I've ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you-' I cocked my gun, checking it was full, before sticking it in my jeans pocket.  I was wearing jeans as I didn't know how messy this would get.  

Since I still didn't have a coat, I stole a denim jacket from Jack. It was baggy enough on me that it hid the bulge in my trousers. 

"The baffled king composing - Hallelujah-" the song had started it's second loop as I left the flat. I wasn't sure I would ever return to it. What I was going to do was very likely to kill me. It was worth it. 

I walked in my muddy boots that I wore when not wearing my nice shoes. I walked right over to the edge of Oxford, thinking about things, listening to my music, becoming more determined to do this with each step. 

When finally I got to the warehouse, I took out my earpieces, turning off the song and stashing it in a jacket pocket. I looked up at the building. I heard this was the Boss's head-quartres. I decided to take the front entrance. 

Inside the main section was empty, except for boxes. I made my way to the back, where I saw some doorways. On a hunch, I stole throught the middle one - and ended up in the Boss's office.

He was behind his big mahogany desk and looked up as I barged in. His cronies were either side of him and stiffened. There was a moment of awkward silence as everyone gaged what was happening.

"Moriarty, we don't have an apointment..." he said in surprise. I gazed at the Boss as he took off his sunglasses, taking in my unusual gettup. 

"I'm here to tell you that I quit," I told him, probably too bluntly. I stood straight, ignoring the brutes either side of him that were clenching their fists. 

Up untill now the Boss had seemed to cut me some slack, for some suspicious reason. I was almost relieved when he said the expected thing to his men: "Grab him." His monkeys moved one step before I whipped out my gun and pointed it at the Boss's head. Almost immediately the cronies saught their own guns and got them ready, one of them aiming at my head, the other at my weapon. 

Throughout this the Boss had looked at me coldly. But now he smiled. "Why do you want to quit, son?" he asked. He reminded me then of my lecturer. It was an authorative voice he had mustered, and thus one that was as annoying as heck. 

"None of your fucking business," I seethed. I think I had truly lost the plot, by this point. The Boss laughed some, eyeing me up and down. 

"Well I must tell you that I am pleased." he grinned. That had me stumped, I lowered my gun for a second. 

"Pleased?" I repeated.

"Yes, Moriarty, for you are finally risking your life - which proves how little you care for it. You value something else much more than your life, and soon enough that something else will be gone, and you will be broken, I promise you. When you are broken I will come and get you. Take a note of these words." he finished coldly, staring me in the eyes. That stopped me in my tracks. How he said it, it was like it was written in stone, it was like he was God. Or the fucking Devil. And for a moment I believed him, whole-heartedly. Which was why I turned on my heels and left. 

I almost ran out of the building. Outside I started hyperventalating, and sagged to the ground, rubbing my head with the gun. I might have been having a panic attack. I then got angry and kicked the ground, bruising my feet and ruining my already ruined boots. 

Then I realised that I had just completed stage one of the plan, and I was still alive, and I started laughing in hysteria. I picked myself up, stashed the gun about my person, and staggered away from Death. Eventually I made it to a telephone box. 

I went in the telephone box, heart pounding, almost falling over in a faint as I picked up the phone. I leaned against a side of the box, steadying myself with my left hand, and listened to that dead noise that's on the phone, before dialing a number. I felt so strange... it was really bizaare. 

The phone rang multiple times, and I banged the glass in the box, muttering to myself "Come on! Pick up!" Anyone who had looked in would've thought me a madman. 

Finally, after a long period of torture, he picked up. "Hello?" Now I don't know if it was a mixture of the panic attack and the anger and the great relief I was feeling, but something made me cry. Hearing his voice made me cry.

"Sherlock!"

"...Moriarty?"

"Sherlock don't put the phone down, just listen to me-"

"WHY SHOULD I?" he sounded indignant. 

"BECA- because, I quit the scheme. I quit it, Sherlock..." There was a silence on the other line.

"How can I believe you? You're probably lying."

"Sherlock, meet me in my room."

"How-"

"Sherlock, no, listen to me. Then you can deduce me, you can tell if I'm lying. Also, I sort of taped the whole thing on Jack's phone."

"... You're roommate, Jack?"

" Well yeah, I don't have my own phone." 

"I don't know-"

"Please Sherlock!"

"Moriarty, I really don't think there's time-"

"What do you mean? Please Sherlock, just give me this, this is all I ask for, please, just, please. I love you. Do this for me. I love you. I just... I just risked my life for you. I-"

"OK. Moriarty, stop." There was a pause. I heald my breath. "OK, I'm coming. I'm coming from London though, so I'll be a while."

"That's fine."

"I'm going to get off the phone now, so I can hurry."

"OK, Sherlock, thank you, I-" and then he hung up on me. 

So now I'm in my room, in the dark - I couldn't bare to put the lights on for some reason. It's about five O'clock and I'm still waiting. I started writing you to keep my mind distracted.

I've listened to the tape a thousand times, trying to see if it would faulter. But you can here it perfectly. Now we just need to see what happens. 

Please God, just give me this. If you are on my side then, please-

((A/N OH MY WORD. Wow! There are about two chapters to go now... I've already started on planning a sequel! You guys do want a sequel, don't you? I hope you do, because how this ends, well, it would be pretty depressing if there isn't a sequel.... *queue the infamous Eastenders theme tune signalling that that was a cliff-hanger-spolier-thingy* ))