In The Rain

Alissa Violet

  ''Do you know what depression is?" I question him as we pull up to the curb of my home. 
"It is the feeling of loss of hope, courage, and whatever." He replies in a small voice.
"No. Depression is the unseen, unheard, silent killer. It is the pain that is too much to cope with, too hard to deal with and never understood. It is something that you can't escape, no matter how hard you try it ALWAYS swallows you again. It constantly follows you around, like black smoke choking you from the inside out. Like a lion clawing at your heart and mind, eating pieces of you until there is nothing left.''

''How would you know Alissa''Jake looked at me annoyed.

''Because I feel it everyday''I said coming out of his car and rushing to my apartment door.

I sigh as I pulled up my cut jeans and picked up my phone heading to Logan's house for a vlog.

Jake broke up with me a week ago and it was big news but not for me.I knew he would drop me soon or later but I just enjoyed it while it lasted.

''Alissa come back here''He shouts pushing my door open.

''What''I shout at him.

''Do I make you feel like that or Logan who you rather be with''he said tugging me roughly.

''You do cause I 'd rather walk in the rain with a man who loves me than ride in a benz with a man who doesn't value me''He slapped me and it had me flying to the ground and a few moments later ,Bruises Bruises everywhere Broken nails and Bashed in eyes,A battered face Bloody tears I guess that's what we get For staying silent .He left me their walking outside fuming and leaving me in a pool of blood. 

3rd Person POV

  She lay on the bed, blood seeping beneath her skin, ribs fractured. There would be no doctor, no evidence, and now Jake would be her grovelling lover until he lost his temper all over again. Already she could smell the aroma of fancy cooking, a meal she'd never be able to eat through the pain that cut each breath short .She eased off the bed hissing as she tiptoed to the window.She closed the door opening the window and climbing down when she lost her footing make her fall to the ground.She groaned but didn't scream in fear that she will get caught.

 She could feel her bones cracking as she limped to the bus station and to top it off it was raining.She finally got a bus and  arrived at Logan's house.She fell to his door and he soon opened it shocked at her state.

''What happened''he said frantically driving her to the hospital.

''J-JA-AK-E''

3rd Person

  Her smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. It was like the sun opened its eager light to shine about her, only brightening her perfectly aligned teeth. She watched him as he did his vlog outside she smiled at the feeling of being FREE because she rather walk in the rain than ride in the benz. 

''He did what''He asked fuming before a bunch of people took her away.He was waiting an hour now and they still didn't bring him any news.He was frustrated until a doctor came up to him and said

''She's ready to see you''He rushed to the hospital room to see her sitting up and looking good.

''You okay''

''I love you''I stand thee shocked before recovering and saying the words that will change everything.

''I've always love you''