Valentine || P.P.

You sigh as you open the doors that lead you into the school

You sigh as you open the doors that lead you into the school. Another boring day. This might be even more worse than others; it's Valentine's day. A day full of snogging people in the halls, love letters being passed around and popular girls trying to chase after their crushes from the football team, and the other way around. For you, it's just another day of hearing people say cheesy things to each other and feeling even more lonely than before. Of course, there's a part of you that wants to receive a love letter or a box of chocolates but no one gives a shit about you, except for your two best friends. "Y/N, why didn't you choose to wear something.. a little cuter today?" one of your best friends, Liz, asks whilst leaning against her locker that is next to yours. You open up your locker and grab the books you need. "Because no one cares what I'm wearing on this horrible, no good day." you say unbothered, closing your locker and walking away. "I care." she says while trying to keep up your pace. You give her one of your famous death glares and she rolls her eyes. "Is she back at it again?" Michelle, your other best friend, asks. You nod and you all walk into your first class: science.
You sit down next to each other and grab your books. It's weird being best friends with 1. the most popular girl and, 2. the smartest girl in the school. Like, what do you have? Sassiness? A huge crush on a boy you'll never get? Because that won't get you far in high school. You sigh by the thought of being average and having zero qualities. You look up and see the boy you've been crushing on since you were 12, walk into the class with his blue Midtown sweater. He looks so good today. He takes a seat in front of you and you slowly turn your head into your best friends' direction. Michelle shows you one of her drawings of you thinking about Peter in class and Liz is smirking and wiggling her eyebrows. Yes, it's Peter. Peter Parker everybody. You squint your eyes and sigh as Mr. Andrews starts the lesson and keeps talking about something you don't understand, as usual.

After a dull hour of you trying not to fall asleep while 'listening' to Mr. Jones' boring story, the lesson's finally over and you walk out of the class as fast as possible. Your two friends come out shortly after. "Remind me why I chose science." you sigh. You never understood anything the teacher said. "Because you wanted to stick with us." Liz says. "It was a rhetorical question." you say rolling your eyes. "Roll your eyes once more and they'll fall out." Peter says chuckling. You stop right in front of him and start blushing. "We have to do that thing. We'll be around somewhere.. probably." Michelle says while waving and dragging Liz away. You hate them so much. You turn your head back to Peter.

"Mr. Andrews asked me to help you studying for science." he says straight to the point. You almost choke in air. "He didn't tell me..?" you say confused which makes it sound more like a question. "Oh. Well I thought we could start during lunch." Peter says again with a cute smile. You're pretty sure Mr. Andrews wants you dead. "Sure, library during lunch?" you suggest and he nods. "I'll see you there Y/N." he says while waving you goodbye. You say bye to him and walk away with a huge smile on your face.

__________

It's lunchtime and you walk to the library as fast as you can. You see Peter already sitting at a table when you open the door. You go up to him and sit down right across of him. "Hey Y/N, lets get started." Peter says when you look at him. You two talk about the subject and he explains some stuff in a different way so you finally understand it.