Besties (7) || T.H.

I sighed and threw my phone on the other side of the bed in frustration

I sighed and threw my phone on the other side of the bed in frustration. When Harry and I got to Harrison's place yesterday we decided to go to Tom's house instead. Not his apartment, his house as in his parents' house. I find it cute how he wants to spend as much time possible with his family whenever he has some time off. But lets not forget the stressful situation that's going on. How was I supposed to tell Tom, my best friend for the past 15 years, more even, that I was in love with him? Harrison always said it wasn't a big deal, but it really was a big deal. "Good morning, darling." Tom's morning voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned my head to the door and a smile creeped onto my face. "Hey, you." I replied. I couldn't help but blush at the sight of him: his beautiful brown curls all messy, grey sweatpants and his bare, toned upper body. "Where's everyone? There's no one downstairs." he asked. "I've got no clue." I said shrugging and he sat down next to me on his bed. Yes, we shared a bed, it's no biggie. "Guess it's just us then." he said looking at me and I realised how horrible I must look. I quickly put my hair in a bun to look just a tad bit better. We sat in silence for a few minutes. It wasn't an uncomfortable one but I still decided to break the silence. "Tom, I need to tell you something." I said without looking at him. I heard him mumble a 'mmh', telling me to continue. "I.. I never thought I'd ever do this. Before I say anything, I just want you to know that I don't want to ruin our friendship. You're my best friend and I really don't wanna lose you. So if what I'm about to say makes you uncomfortable or something, please forget I ever said anything." I paused for as second to breathe but Tom made it impossible for me to go on. "I love you, Y/N." he said quietly. I thought my heart stopped beating right there. Three words and so much impact. I probably looked like a complete fool, just staring at him as if I'd seen a ghost. "Excuse me, what?" I managed to choke out after processing what he'd just confessed. "I love you." he said, this time with a little more confidence. I looked him in the eyes and smiled. "I love you too." is all I could say, but it was enough for Tom to pull me into a hug. "I'm so glad the feeling's mutual otherwise I probably would've looked like a complete foul." he said and I chuckled. "I was so scared to tell you. Harrison has known it for a while now and he's been bugging me with it and even threatened to tell you. It was a very stressful time for me." I admitted. "But what now though? What if it doesn't work out the way we want it to?" I asked. "We can just go on dates and stuff to get to know each other better, even though I don't think there's anything I don't know about you. Let's just take things slow and see where it goes." Tom replied and I nodded. "That said, Y/N, would you like to go on a date with me?" he added. "I'd love to." I replied while smiling my ass off. I heard my phone ring. "Way to ruin the moment." I said before picking up.
"Okay mom, I'm on my way. Love you too." I said before hanging up. "I'm sorry. My mom needs my help. "I said while getting out of bed and putting on yesterday's clothes. "It's okay. I'll text you the details for the date later." he said while we walked downstairs and I nodded. He opened the door for me. "Thank you for letting me stay over." I said, giving him another hug. "It's no big deal. Have a nice day, darling. Oh, and say 'hi' to your mom from me." he said before I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked away. It felt as if a whole weight was lifted off of my shoulders. "I really hope this is gonna work out." I whispered to myself before entering my parents' house. Today was going to be boring, but at least I'll have something to look forward to.