Chapter Nine

I woke up early that next morning, Cory's text still making me smile.

I walked into my kitchen to feed the little monster in me, but when I got in there I realized the house was empty.

Where had they gone? I thought to myself as I put the orange juice back into the refrigerator.

As I shut the refrigerator my phone began to ring. It was my mom, she said they needed me to come down to the police department, saying they had gone behind my back and were going to get Cody thrown in jail. "Okay..." I say as I hit the end button. I slowly walk back to my room... wanting to just go back to bed. I get dressed in my maxi skirt, put a tank top on with a denim jacket, and I throw my shoes on as I head out the door, keys in hand.

What am I suppose to do? They are going to want to test the baby's DNA and I don't feel comfortable with that. I have read way to many horror stories about DNA testing before birth.

I feel so much tension as I walk through the doors of the police station... I feel as if the whole world is in slow motion, even Sophia's kicks are in slow motion. There they are, my family, my love, and hopefully not the father of my child handcuffed.

"Hello, I am officer Mathis I will be handling this case, please take a seat." He says while gesturing to the empty seat next to Cory. I am so glad he is here. As I sit down in the surprisingly comfortable seat Cory grabs my hand to hold it... If throwing Cody in jail will keep everyone sane and happy I will do it.

"We have a few questions for you, we can go talk in private if you would like?"

"No thank you, I really do not know much other than what Cody has told me happened. I remember being at the party and then waking up in Hannah's bed. But I wasn't drinking."

"And how do you know Cody raped you?" He says, not looking up from his paper and still writing.

"Because Cody told me."

After a million pointless questions, he walks away.

"Kate, I am so sorry." Cody says not looking up. Everyone gives him this glare of pure hate.

What am I suppose to say? It's okay? Am I suppose to hug him? I'm still so angry with him. I don't even want to look at him. Luckily, I don't have to respond because officer Mathis is walking up again..

"Okay, we have all of our ducks in a row but one, we need a sample of the baby's DNA."

NO, no, no, no. I just sit there in a quite panic with a look of terror on my face, I am sure of it.

"No.." I say quietly. Everyone looks at me and Cory retracts his hand..

"What do you mean no?" Officer Mathis says.

"I mean no, it's dangerous and I don't want something to happen."

"Alright, you can do it willingly or we can get a court order. Either way we are getting it's DNA."

Did he just call my precious baby an it?

"One it's dangerous. Two my baby is not an it. She is a baby and her name is Sophia." A little too much attitude with the way I said it but I'm pregnant hormones suck.

"Court order it is."

"Okay. Let something happen to Sophia and I will be this places worst nightmare." Getting up and walking away I look back to see everyone's mouths dropped open. If something happens to Sophia I will raise hell. I'm seriously the devil will be down there like Da** don't mess with her.

THE NEXT DAY.

No one really talked to me the rest of the day & I haven't been to school in like a week.. I don't want to go. I don't wanna deal with everyone. But I'm so close to graduating.. Realizing I have to do this for Sophia I get my yoga pants, house shoes, and random tee shirt on.. Getting in my little car I have a lot of anxious thoughts. What are people going to say? What are people going to ask?

Facing my fears I walk into school...

I can hear their whispers... I see them pointing at my bump.

The first period bell ring and calculus starts. I am so glad I love math and can focus on it instead of the immature people talking and pointing.

The second period bell rings and I'm in AP psychology. I hate my teacher and he hates me too. Being a prick he decides to make the lesson about rapist. The last five minutes of class a police officer walks in and escorts me out.

If they weren't talking, they are now.