Chapter One

I was sitting in the back of the car snuggled in my blanket, back up against a pillow. Since I was sitting sideways I didn't have my seatbelt on, big mistake. I was listening to music trying to drown out my family's talking......

That's the only thing I remember of that morning.

             "Katelynn?" I heard my sweet mother say, "honey, please just do something and let us know you're okay." I could feel her hand around mine. She has so much pain in her voice it hurts me. What is going on? I open my eyes, I...I'm in the hospital. My father, mother, sister, niece, and boyfriend are all in my little hospital room. They all look like they have been crying..red eyes, pale skin. I'm hooked up to many different machines and I have a pounding headache.

               "Mom," I murmured to the red eyed women holding my hand, "What happened?" She looked up from the floor, still crying and before responding she hugs me. "Oh, honey, we were in a wreck. We thought we had lost you....." Her voice trails off as she starts to cry harder. There is something she isn't tell me. I look around the room, something none of them are telling me. After a brief moment Cory, my amazing boyfriend, steps up and walked over to my mother. He whispers something in her ear. She gets up, she is in something different than what she was in on the way to the beach. How long had I been out of it? Everyone but Cory follows her out. Now I was starting to get scared, what was going on? Why did my mother leave? Why did they all look like they were hiding something? My mind stopped racing as Cory began to speak.

"Katelynn, I don't know how exactly to tell you this, but here it goes...you're pregnant, and because of the wreck the doctors think something may be wrong with the baby." His voice breaking with every word. My heart sinks. I couldn't even choke up any words, I couldn't do anything but cry. And I haven't cried in a very long time. How am I pregnant? Whats wrong with my baby? How did my parents take it? What am I suppose to do? My mind floods with questions. But my train of thought ended with a knock on the door, I look up to see my doctor. He is handsome, tall, brown hair, blue eyes, and for a doctor he is young.