Chapter Ten

I don't even get to drive to the police station. They took me in the police car.

I called my parents & Cory to come meet me at the hospital. I would have called Kasey, my "best friend", but I guess she is mad at me for whatever reason and isn't talking to me.

Cory, my parents and I sit in a room at the hospital being told what they are going to do, the risks, and so on. I blocked it out not wanting to hear it.. I didn't have an option I had to have it done. I start praying to God to watch over Sophia...

The lady shakes our hands, tells me to go into room three and change into the hospital gown.

Have you ever been so nervous you don't feel anything? I can't feel the hospital gown. And if you've ever been in a hospital gown it's obnoxiously uncomfortable.

how could they make me do this? he confessed! why does it matter?

knock knock. "are you dressed?" the nurse says from outside the large door with blinds infront of the window.

"sadly." I respond with a sigh as she entered.

"let's go to the procedure room."

I follow her, heart racing, Sophia kicking up a storm. she senses something bad is happening. I am suppose to protect her and I can't because of this jacka$$ cop.

"take your seat and put your legs in here," she says touching the leg holder things, "the doctor will be in here shortly."

Lord, please protect her. Please.