Chapter Eight

I just stood there with my hands on little Soph, playing with her. It makes me happy when I can push on a place on my tummy and she kicks me. She is my horizon on a gloomy day. Even with my family completely pissed off and confused I keep my head up for my princess, because I know she feels what I feel.

"So you do not want to go to the police why?" My mother asks me, putting her hands on her hips as she usually does when she thinks I am making a bad decision. Part of me does secretly want to go to the cops and ruin Codys life but..

"Because mom there is no reason to ruin his life, I know this just changed everything for all of us but I know deep down in my heart this is Cory's baby & punishing Cody would do nothing but stress me out. Getting questioned, going to court: it's not good for Sophia." Subconsciously rubbing the spot she had just kicked.

"Thats a mature conclusion," she says while elegantly walking toward me, hugging me, while she quietly says, "I still want to kill the bastard."

I cannot blame her for the anger, we have all been so excited for everything going on and now Cody wants to pull this crap. But, he made a really honest statement, Cory and I had been trying for quite sometime for it to have just happened. Please be Corys baby...please.

Cory and my father had dissappeared during our talk. Hopefully I won't be getting a call from the jail again. Am I going to tell anyone? Should I tell Kasey?

I wish Cory was here so we could discuss this a little more. I am pregnant emotional and scared and should not be dealing with this alone. My mom is still standing there, looking at my frightened appearance, "Honey do you wanna go to Chili's?" Chili's is my absolute favorite restaurant! Every September they do a huge fundraiser for St. Judes. "Yes, I'm starving!"

after we get to the restaurant and get seated there is an awkward silence. the silence that may be awkward, but kind of enjoyable is interrupted by my mother begining to speak.."honey what are you going to do? I can see the hurt between you and cory..how are yall?"

oh god why do people chose topics I don't want to talk about. why cant we talk about the world, news, government, hell obama for all I care?

"I don't know mom. so much just Changed. I don't know if cory still loves me. I do know this is still my daughter and I love her immensely." Tear by tear trickling down as I cup my face. "oh sweetheart he loves you!! the only reason he is acting like this is because he is mad and doesnt know how to express it! you know his past..."

his past... I want to blame it on the years of physical and mental abuse.. but I still can't help but blame myself for going to the party that night.

"mom do I get a DNA test now or wait until Sophia is born?"

"I don't know..." there it is again. the silence.. my mom doesn't have an answer. that's how you know we are in a pickle.

well..pickle is an understatement.

buzzz buzzz "New message from Cory ♡♡: I love you and sophia. no matter if she is mine or not... she will be MY daughter."