Dude, you stink! 3

CHPTR 3

[Kira]

I woke up to Lloyd's face. Darn it, why did he have to be so pretty?! He looked like a little angel, sleeping there peacefully. His dark brown hair fell in his closed eyes and . . . damnit hormones! I was brought back to reality by the thought, "Why is he in the bed? Didn't he say he was gonna sleep on the floor?!" my eyes popped open and I sat up abruptly. I shook him awake, "Lloyd? Lloyd, what are you doing in here?" I asked.

He looked up at me groggily and said, "What? This is my bed. I-" he must have finally woken up fully because he sat up abruptly and looked around, "Wait, what? I specifically remember going to sleep on the ground . . ." he looked to the left of the bed and found, on the ground, a cover and pillows. He hit his forehead with his hand, "Oh, duh! I probably got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the day, and when I came back in, I crawled into the bed because I was tired and my brain was acting all funky!" he looked over to me, "Uh, I'll get out now," he proceeded to tumble out onto the makeshift bed on the ground. He glanced at his watch and said, "Seven PM. You should probably sleep a little more." I went back under the covers as he instructed and drifted off into a dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in a beautiful meadow with wildflowers and strawberries. The sun was shining bright, and I twirled around and around. I stopped to see that there were two boys; one on the right, one left. On the left, I saw a welcoming sight. Lloyd was standing there, arms open for me to run and hug him. I was about to, when I saw the boy on the right. He had long, shaggy blonde hair and amber eyes. He stood there, arms open waiting for my embrace. I realized it was Alex, the one I had known for years! I started towards him, when I saw Lloyd again. He had dropped his arms and was starting to cry. I started forwards to comfort him, and Alex started to tear up, too. I looked back and forth between the two I loved, and began to cry, too. They both looked up hopefully. Lloyd promised me adventure and change, while Alex promised me normality and relaxation. I wanted both of those choices, both of those people, but I couldn't.

I started to back away, and I ran into Luciferilla. She smiled viciously, and I ran towards the only one who could help me. The only one who knew her. The only one who knew me.

I ran, and was tightly embraced by Lloyd.

I looked to Alex who had fallen to his knees in agony. I wanted to pull him into this embrace too, but Luciferilla ran towards him and hugged him. As she dragged him away, he yelled my name agonizingly. This was no longer a meadow I stood in. It was a nightmare.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat up abruptly, breathing hard. I still heard the echo of Alex's voice, "Kira! Kira!" I covered my ears and yelled, "Stop it! Stop! Just stop, please stop . . ." I pulled my legs up, put my head on my knees, and rocked back and forth, "Stop, stop, stop . . ." I mumbled.

Lloyd got up and sat on the bed next to me, "Are you okay? Bad dreams occur a lot in new vamps. It's normal," he rubbed my back with a flat palm, trying to soothe me. It didn't work, considering he was in the dream, too. I pulled away from him, headed towards the door, "Where are you going?" he asked after me.

"Bathroom." Is all I said. I closed the door behind me and sunk to the ground. Was this some kind of funky cosmic warning that Alex was in danger? Or was it just a dream? Or did I just internally choose Lloyd over Alex? I leaned against the wall and went into a fetal position again. I didn't want Lloyd to see me like this, so I forced myself to go into the bathroom to calm down. I washed my face and examined my head again. My eyes and hair were growing darker and darker really fast. I walked out of the bathroom refreshed and clean. I walked into Lloyd's room, and he was putting on pants over his boxers. I quickly slammed the door shut and put my back to it. My non-existent heart rate spiked. I sunk to the ground again and let my mind wander while Lloyd finished his business. I fell backwards onto his panted legs when he opened the door.