CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

HURTS LIKE HELLCHAPTER THIRTY ONE❝I DON'T WANT THEM TO KNOW THE SECRETS, I DON'T WANT THEM TO KNOW THE WAY I LOVED YOU, I DON'T THINK THEY'D UNDERSTAND IT, NO, I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD ACCEPT ME, NO

HURTS LIKE HELL
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
❝I DON'T WANT THEM TO KNOW THE SECRETS, I DON'T WANT THEM TO KNOW THE WAY I LOVED YOU, I DON'T THINK THEY'D UNDERSTAND IT, NO, I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD ACCEPT ME, NO.❞

♔♔♔

She remember the day they called. It was around five in the morning when the sound of her phone ringing woke her up. Rosé, who had just fell asleep three hours ago, groggily woke up thinking that it was her mother calling her on a schedule change. She was used to sudden changes in the shooting schedule, but all she wanted to do was to fall back asleep and ignore the growling in her stomach and the ache in her chest.

Rosé had spent the last night talking with Tom on how great his girlfriend is. It was difficult for her to act as though everything was alright, as if hearing how they met, their first kiss, and their first date is the best thing on Earth. She had to act like the cheerleader best friend who cheered and supported her best friend on everything he had accomplished.

She knew how important this was for Tom. He hasn't had the best luck when it came to girls or relationships or even crushes. What right did she have to tell him on who he can love?

He wasn't real, he couldn't be. There was no way that this guy right in front of her is almost the most perfect guy for her. And maybe she's blinded by the ray of light she placed on him, or how she blurred her own morals for his sake and his perspective. Rosé knew she wasn't thinking clearly, but she couldn't help it. She purposely blinded herself to see the best in him, knowing well enough that he hurts her, even if it isn't intentional. She couldn't see how bad he is for her.

"Hello?" she muttered into the phone. With her body still curled into the warm blankets of her bed and her head resting on the pillow she closed her eyes as she waited for the other person's response.

"Hello? Is this Cha Rosé on the line?" She recognized her native language immediately and her eyes shot open in confusion. Rosé sat up and grabbed her glasses off the nightstand before slipping them on to read the number on her screen. Written in bold was an unknown Korean phone number.

"Yes, yes, this is her," the Korean girl replied as she got up from her bed. She began pacing back and forth out of nervousness as her mind tried to rack up every possible reason on why she was getting an international call. She hasn't been back to her home country since she was fourteen and the only people from Korea who would call her are her grandparents. Did she do something illegal without even knowing?

"Hi, this is CJ E&M. We were wondering if we could talk to you about . . ."

♔♔♔