Chapter 3 - The book never lies!

- Valentine -

"Afternoon, Tito!" I greeted loudly to the owner of the tattoo shop as I stepped through the door. 

"Ciao, Valentine!" Tito replied, smiling at me.

He was sat in a chair that was in front of a pretty young woman who was having an angel tattooed on her lower back. Of course, Tito was using his charm as he talked to her - what a surprise. 

I stood behind the counter checking who should be coming into the shop as I do help at the counter as well as be a tattooist. The receptionist tended to be a little late because he had small children that he brought here sometimes and we kept them in Tito's office which was huge. We put some toys in there for them to play with too, Tito was nice like that. The children didn't always come unless it was after school or the school holidays. 

"Is Noah going to be late again?" I asked, knowing that I probably just asked the most stupidest question on earth. 

"Well, yeah." Tito replied before adding with a smirk. "It's Noah we are talking about." 

I chuckled and realised that the phone was ringing. I coughed and cleared my throat before I picked it up. 

"Hello, Tito's Ink, what do ya need?" I asked, I never used a 'posh voice' or a 'phone voice' that most receptionists and women do because I didn't want to be fake.

I listened to her and nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. I can fit you in..." I checked the large appointment book in front of me. "Tomorrow at 12.00pm?"

"Great! What's your name?" I asked, writing the details in the appointment book.

"Drew Ashton? Okay, well we'll see you tomorrow then. See you later." I said before hanging up.

The man on the other end of the phone was really enthusiastic and happy which made me feel happy. His voice was rather deep and he had an Australian accent which sounded very sexy! 

"Another customer?" Tito asked in a happy tone, as he bandaged up his customer. 

"Yeah, Drew Ashton. He is coming tomorrow at 12.00pm." I replied, writing 'Drew Ashton' into the appointment book. "He sounds cool."

The appointment book was new but yet again we had lots of appointments booked already. Tito's ink was really popular because we were all good and hygienic tattooists - not to brag or anything but it's the truth.

The woman with the new angel tattoo came and paid me for the tattoo and then left; her heels tapped delicately on the tile floor.

The tattoo shop was rather dark with dark red walls and shiny, black tiles. There were ornaments and other things inside that gave it a Gothic feel, but we received no complaints from the customers; even if they weren't into the whole Gothic thing. We had spotlights in certain places and one big light in the centre to make things bright and clear. Tattoist cannot tattoo in the dark that's for sure!

Tito got up and took his rubber gloves off and threw them in the bin next to the front desk which I stood behind. He stretched and took a look at the appointment book, "We have another customer coming in in roughly ten minutes?" He asked, looking at me. 

"Yes, that's what it says." I replied before adding in a typical witches voice, "The book never lies!" 

He chuckled and put the book back in front of me before leaving to go and set up his station and clean the equipment. I shook my head and smiled then heard the door open. It was Noah and he had his two small children with him. 

His two children were a five year old boy and girl. The boy was five and the girl was three and it was currently the beginning of the summer holidays so the children had six weeks off from school. The boy had dirty blonde hair that looked like he had just woke up and the girl had light brown hair that was usually in two ponytails. They were both really cute that was for sure!

"Hello, Noah." I greeted them before kneeling so I was eye level with the children. "Hello, George and Rebecca." 

"Hello!" George loudly replied, he was one confident little guy. "Can we play with the toys, please?" 

"Of course, you know where they are." I said with a smile, standing up again. 

I watched as George and Rebecca ran to the office and smiled. Noah sighed and cracked his neck. I frowned, "Do you have to crack your neck, Noah?" 

He cracked his knuckles as he replied. "Yes, it's been a long morning."

"You keep cracking your body and you will fall to pieces, mate." I sighed, folding my arms. "I'll have to pick up the pieces and glue you back together."

"You are weird, you know that." he replied with a laugh. I simply nodded stepping out from behind the counter so that Noah could do his job. 

"Right, get working, Noah." I instructed, pulling on some rubber gloves. "I have some tattoos to do." 

I walked over to Tito who had set up and got everything prepared. He had been working all morning I could tell and because Tito was a family friend and I had known him for years, I knew that he probably hadn't took a break or stopped working for one second.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Tito, go and take a break. I will do this tattoo." 

He looked up at me and was about to protest but I stopped him. "Thank you." He simply replied before leaving to go take a long break. I altered some things to his station so that I could work comfortable.

"You waiting for your next customer?" Noah asked, looking through the appointment book.

"You mean my next victim?" I replied, winking at him.

"Weirdo." He whispered loudly making a gesture at the side of his head that implied that I was crazy.

Well, I sure gave him a gesture - my middle finger!

-------

Thanks for reading, beauties :) 

Don't be a silent reader! Leave your lovely comments, votes etc & feel free to tell me any experiences with tattoos in the comments :D

Thanks, dumplings :3 <3