Never Plan Your Ex's Wedding: Chapter Eight

"We were thinking about places out in Long Island. Somewhere near home." Reyna squeezed Jason's shoulder, from her place leaning against him. Yes I did feel like vomiting. Which wasn't fair but oh well.

I listed a few places off. Discussing each pro and con. They knew a couple of them as I'd introduced the ones right by where we grew up. It was weird though. They wanted an indoor wedding, in the fall. See Reyna tried to wiggle out of the conversation every time I brought up the wedding talk, but I got a few answers.

And because of that I knew she didn't want an indoor wedding. She would rather be outdoors than in, always. And fall? She didn't like fall. Despite it being my least hated season she always disliked it. "You have winter looming ahead and summer that you left behind. The trees become bare, it's chilly and there's no rain or snow. Fall is really useless."

Detail after detail just wasn't her and I wondered what was going on in her mind? What was passed the sweet smile?

Jason was sort of flippant with the details. He was laid back when I knew Reyna liked custom. I knew she'd want an organ for down the aisle but now they suddenly wanted a guitar? They wanted a DJ. A frickin DJ. Reyna had stated that a band was the only option. "Why would you want to hear the same songs the exact same way you'd always heard them?" I felt angry. When I got her talking about a wedding she was pretty firm in her likes and dislikes. Now with Jason... she agreed with everything he said.

And that wasn't even it. For centrepieces they wanted roses. Reyna hated roses. She said they were over rated. She liked Irises and hydrangeas. She'd pick something dark so it would stand out against the white tables.

"How about flowers?" I have these for centrepieces. I shoved forward a couple pictures as examples.

"I think we were leaning towards roses," Jason said, looking at Reyna.

"Definitely roses," she replied, smiling up at Jason.

And before I could even take a second to think, my stupid brain had a great idea. "You hate roses," I blurted. They looked shocked and I stiffened. I slouched back in my chair. "Sorry."  Di immortales. The panic was setting in. I landed on the first thing I could think of. "Jason I forgot to ask, how your mom?"

"She's dead."

"Oh gods. I'm sorry." I struggled for a new topic. "I never asked you how you guys got engaged!" I clasped on to this new thing. This would save me.

"You didn't, Piper did," Reyna dead panned. I felt short of breath. I got up abruptly, sending papers flying across my desk.

"I need to check something in the other room, I'll be right back." I practically sprinted to Percy's office.

As soon as I entered Percy dragged me right to him.

"Holy Hera girl. Pick. your. self. up!" He emphasized each syllable. He handed me another binder. "Now get out there and stop embarrassing yourself. Chill, you've got this." He shoved me out the door.

I managed to calm down and went back out. It didn't go much better after that, I won't lie. I lasted and soon they were out and I was by myself.

I had an appointment with the florist for Jason and Reyna's wedding. That at least would be easier. I wouldn't have to deal with them.