Never Plan Your Ex's Wedding: Epilogue

I met Annabeth at a wedding... too early.

I came here this morning wiping sleep out of my eyes and a go mug of coffee in my hand. (there was maybe a shot of Bailey's in it, but you can take your judgemental thoughts and shove 'em) I was there as early as I could possibly be... well maybe not possibly, Annabeth would've found a way to be earlier. This version of earlier would've of course started with the Flood of the Impending Wedding right in my face, just as I got every wedding. Originally I had started getting up earlier, so Miss Zeus would fuck off with the rain and I figured fine, she wants me to get up earlier, I'll get up earlier. I should've known her point had shifted, should've known she would've found much pleasure in it. She continued to get up earlier and earlier and soon the happiest day of the happy couple's lives started off with my colourful speech. I could almost hear Annabeth in a perfect sing song, "A little bit of water isn't going to hurt the son of Poseidon!" (She always called me that, it was how I was sorted when we went to this summer camp when we were kids)

I used to wake up in my pool of water and be ready to toss her out the window. Now I woke up every wedding day and felt the same ache in my heart, the emptiness when I started coffee and gathered my stuff. I sat up and thought how there was no one there to throw water on me.

"What're you doing here?" I caught her arm in my hand, loose, so she wouldn't panic, but firm, if she did.

She turned to me, eyes wide, like she hadn't slept a wink, which was likely. "Do you know how many hours until the wedding?"

"Yes, I do. You want to know why? Because I'm the wedding planner. You are the bride-" her eyes seemed to get closer to a smaller size and her face lifted a bit. What a dork. "And you want to know what that means? It means you are going to your ass back inside." I pointed up at the house, then I looked up at it, then I looked back at her, back to the house, to the open window I didn't notice before.

She grinned (Honestly grinning is good, it means she's not panicking) "Yes, I am a crazy son of a bitch." That was probably the written version of my face, though I do stay away from the c-word. I let my expression melt off my face because really, I wasn't surprised. This was the part that was tough, Piper and I didn't want to put a guard with her because that might agitate her and that's never good, trust me. "Gods this is stupid, we can just stay together!" Piper had said in frustration, but I could see the worry on her face. Annabeth would've never gone for that idea though, the same way I wouldn't, tradition was tradition. "We are two females! We are gay as hell! There's hardly much tradition there!" Piper was right but still, sleeping apart was the rule. This ended in Annabeth finding out and promising she would try to remain rash. Well, she had tossed that out the window, literally.

"-but I'm a crazy son of a bitch who's going to help," Annabeth continued and I could see the determination shifting her features.

I had planned on saying "No, sit down watch some Netflix, design a house, read a book, cook a meal," doing anything but this. But what slipped out of my mouth was, "The tables are in the shed in the back, go set em up, I know you don't need the map." She beamed, this time in triumph and headed over. She was dressed in blue overalls with a light red shirt beneath, I recognized these clothes, these were her work clothes. "You have to start getting ready according to schedule though!" I yelled to her back. She raised her arm in a thumbs up and continued walking down the hill to where the shed was. I let a breath out of my nose. "Wear a hat! You'll burn your head!" She pulled her worn Yankees cap out of her pocket and snapped it onto her head. I shook my head and continued with organizing the services.