Announcing his return

"Washhh!"She slumped down unto the bed .

"I am so tired"whined Amal.

"And so am I" said Salmah

Dumping the leather bags she was holding in the middle of the room and slouching beside her friend on the bed.

"Shopping is exhausting"Amal continue to whine while Salmah is unable to form a word.

Amal's phone began to ring filling up the room with the sound of her ringtone.
She struggled with her hand bag to get the phone and finally got it.

"Hy baby, how was your day"she said into the phone.

"I miss you!"Was the reply she got from her fiancé making her feel  giddy inside.

"Awwww! I miss you more habiby...."she cooed into the phone.
"I will go and get something to eat before you choke me with all this lovey dovey words, say hi to your ango for me,"Salma said leaving the room.

Moments later, Salmah came back with a plate of rice for both of them and saw Amal on the prayer mat offering her salaat. She waited for her to finish since she is on her menstral period and won't be able to pray.

"Salmah I don't know what to do you know ummah said from next week I won't be able to go out considering the wedding is in 3weeks and I have to stay home for the gyaran jiki to take effect, and I have a lot of things that need attention,"Amal said looking worried after they finished.

"Don't fret over it, am here I will do all the necessary things you don't have to worry,kin Sani ai,"salma said trying to ease her friend from being worried.

"I know, I just feel like the burden will be too much considering all you have done in helping with the preparations and all that. Thank you besty,I love you,"hugging her dramatically.
"Where would I be without you?"

"Uh, by the road begging obviously,"Salmah said and they burst out laughing.

"So, yaya Ammar will be coming back next week, I miss him so much and can't wait to see him. It's been a year now,"Amal said

"I don't really know yaya Ammar like yaya basheer because he isn't always here and even if he is, he is very distant and reserved,"Salmah said.

'It's just because you don't really know him but he is really nice, he is a no nonsense kind of guy, he can be playful at times, he just likes respect that's all,"Amal said.

"Okey, I guess I will see him around when he comes"

'Yea, he will be coming back for good I think because he is done with the Ph.D. He went for in London.'

'Okey I need to get home now, Ammi will be home by now and she won't be happy if I get home by six.'Salmah said picking up her bag and veil.

'Don't forget to call and book the Mai kunshi because it won't be funny if we miss that girl because she really knows her designs and is good at what she does '. Salma said while trying to leave the room.

'I know,I am going to call her right after you leave and remind her the date of the wedding to avoid any hiccup. Thank you very much , my regards to Ammi.' Amal said escorting Salmah to door .

Assalam Alaikum' Salmah entered their sitting room and met her mother sitted on one of the sitting room couch she rushed to her slumping right beside her  leaning on her laps.

"My Ammi , I missed you a lot,"she said

"We miss you around the house too Salmah.You have been busy with the wedding preparations we hardly see you"

"You have no idea Ammi, School and wedding prepation, it hasn't been easy but we have no choice"

"You dad came back from Abuja earlier,he have been asking about you,"her mom said.

"Really?"

"Yes, he just stepped out I am sure he will be back soon. Go and freshen up I know he will be back before dinner,"

"Okey Ammi, she said Standing up and heading to her bedroom "don't start eating dinner without me" she shouted behind her back.