15. Goodbye

Morning came way too fast. Last night I had had so much fun with all of the girls from my past. Ao, Kaiyo, Aiko, Hina and Umi stuck by my side the entire night and ended up falling asleep on the couch together. Hana had gone up to bed straight after dinner because she was feeling tired.I lay on the couch with the others laying on top of me. I felt a pain in my heart when I remembered the conversation that I had with Umi last night.

Flashback

After dinner Hana left the table and went to bed. All the other girls sat on the couch reading through the book that contained the stories of how I rescued everyone. In the end it was just the Akatsuki, Umi and I. "Hey (Y/n) do you want to go for a walk?", Umi asks. I nod and stand up, following her out the front door. It was dark outside and the air was cold. Umi and I walked to the field where Hana and I had fought earlier that day. There was an awkward silence as we walked and I noticed Umi glance at me from time to time. The next time she looks I meet her gaze and she gives me a sad smile. "Does Hana like living this way?", she asks. I raise an eyebrow. "This way?", I ask. "I mean does she like living her life as a rogue ninja? Part of the Akatsuki?". I shrug my shoulders and run my fingers through my hair. "I dunno, she's never said that she doesn't". Once again there was silence. "Do you think that she would prefer a normal life?". "A normal life?". "Yes, you know living in a village rather then going on missions and putting her life in danger". I scowl at the ground. "Hana is never in danger, I would never put her in any situation that would hurt her". Umi sighs. "I didn't mean it like that (Y/n)...". "Then what way did you mean it?". "I wanted to know if you wanted to leave Hana here".

The words felt like knives stabbing into my heart. "L-leave her here". "Yes". "But why would I do that?". "For her safety, you know that the life of a ninja isn't safe for a child. If you leave her here then she can grow up with her sisters", Umi smiles. I clench my fists, letting tears roll off my cheeks. Umi pats my back. "I know that you don't want to let her go... but now is not the time to be selfish. This is the best thing for her and you know it". My body shook as I imagined a life with Hana. Hana was all that I had and if I let her go I would have nothing left. "But H-Hana is all that I h-have", I sob. "No (Y/n), you have all of us now and that man, Hidan. He cares about you, he loves you". "B-but H-Hana". "Please just think about it". She gets up and walks back to the house, leaving me alone. I collapse to my knees and let the tears flow freely. I wanted Hana to stay with me forever, I would look after her and keep her safe. But I didn't want to be selfish and ruin her chance to have a normal life. I loved her and I wanted what was best for her... not what was best for me.

I stood and walked over to a nearby river that flowed through the village. I knelt beside it and stared at my reflection. My eyes were puffy and red, I looked like a mess. I quickly cleaned myself up and hurried back to the house. This was my last night and I wasn't going to waste it.

 Flashback end

I looked at all of the girls laying on top of me and noticed that Umi was no longer there. I could smell a very delicious scent coming from the kitchen and assumed that it was her making breakfast. I moved a little bit causing Aiko, Ao, Kaiyo and Hina to stir. "Good morning" the twins said in unison, placing a kiss on a cheek each. Aiko hugged us all causing us all to gasp for air. "Aiko you're gonna kill us", Ao growled. "Yeah were gonna die if you don't let go", Kaiyo added. I giggled and kissed the tops of their heads.

A few minutes later the Akatsuki came down stairs and chuckled at the sight of me and the girls. I was laying on the couch and they were all laying on top of me. Aiko laying on top of me with her head resting on my chest and then the twins laying on top of her, then finally Hina who lay on top of the twins. Suddenly Umi appeared and smiled happily at us all. "Come on, I've made you all breakfast". We all made our way to the table but I stopped when I realized someone wasn't with us. Hana. I walked upstairs to and get her.