Chapter 17

When they finally arrived at the coordinates the fight was still raging. A Galra battleship was hovering over the base, which was built into the side of a small moon rotating around a hazy gray planet.

BOM flyers were zooming around the battle ship, firing at it as the Galra's own versions of flyers chased them.

It was impossible to discern what was happening down on the moon, but there was defiantly something happening. Alarms could be seen flashing and blinking and there was movement everywhere.

"You don't have your suit, you'll have to stay in the flyer." Ulaz said matter-of-factly.

He was right. The moon had no atmosphere, and he had no way of not suffocating in space. His suit was still back in the Castle of Lions. He had no choice but to stay in the flyer.

Ulaz navigated the flyer around the worst of the fight to get to the moon base undetected. He landed it in a rocky alcove out of sight, but within running distance to the base.

"I'll be back." Ulaz said, placing his hand on top of Keith's hair before turning away and getting into the airlock as he placed his mask back onto his face.

He didn't really want Ulaz jumping into the fray. Especially not without himself to fight by his side. He was already worried about Kolivan, but now he had to add Ulaz to that list.

For some reason the words that Lance had spoken when Allura had been flying the castle into the super nova came back to him.

Buena suerte, ten cuidado.

He didn't know what they meant but they brought him a strange comfort. He whispered them to himself. When his words met the air a soft sadness came over him. It was a familiar one.

It was one that brought both sorrowful and joyful emotions in an inseparable mix.

"Watch out!" Chorrol shouted as he slashed into a rouge sentry with his two-handed sword, shouting at their small group. Aubr threw two of her knives into the nearest Galra soldier before summoning them back to herself with her Luxite attracting gloves.

Keith was in a mindless killing spree. Slash, kick, block.

Protect.

It was their first field mission as a team and it had already gone wrong. Their informant had been executed just ticks before they had infiltrated the ship and the data that she had managed to steal was handed back to the Galra commander before they could recover it.

Their new objective was to get off of the ship alive.

He was the fiercest he had ever been, a frightening flurry of blade and teeth and claws and whatever else he could use to destroy the Galra attacking his friends. His family.

"Quickly!" Aubr shouted, pulling Keith closer to his group with just her voice. She was trying to get him into the flyer that both she and Chorrol were already in. She was providing as much cover as she could, but there were so many of them.

Keith didn't know if they would be able to get away safely without someone saying behind to distract the Galra from the flyer.

If he stayed he could almost guarantee the other's safety. He ran at the hoard of sentries that were marching in formation towards his team, taking down whatever got in his way.

"Get in the flyer!" Chorrol screamed harshly as he yanked Keith away from his fight with a sentry, literally pulling him by his left arm so he couldn't swing his sword. They both stumbled into the flyer just as Aubr closed the door behind them.