The Yellow Note- Mpadgett80

Conor Hudson feels utterly ordinary in a school full of glamorous, rich and intellectually gifted teenagers. Orphaned at an early age, Conor lives with her grandmother in Savannah, Georgia and does everything she can to make sure she goes unnoticed, that is until she receives a note from a mysterious admirer, turning her world completely around. Follow Conor through high school as she learns to live, love and let go.

My review:THIS MAY HAVE SLIGHT SPOILERS!! I have a lot of feelings about this story , so so SO many feelings. As I have put out there many times before , I HATE best friends to lovers , the type of best friend where you have been friends since you were kids ya know? Im just gonna lay that out right now. Okay so what I really loved about this book is that it went through all their years at high school and we get to read and watch them grow as people through out the years and we get to read a Conor keeps getting these sweet notes through out the years and its so nice and refreshing rather than skipping the years! I also really liked that Conor did branch out and date other guys rather than waiting for the yellow note guy to present himself, it just felt very .... refreshing that's the only word I can think of so im using it twice. My favourite character was Samual Carington , the way he developed and became a brotherly figure too Conor was so sweet and come on who doesn't like a player who has changed his ways? Every time Sam was in a scene I was so happy! I adore Shay too, she was really adorable and very optimistic. I really liked that the characters went to different schools and still managed to keep a healthy friendship rather than being confined to one school! I of course loved good old Bianca and Scotty boy too , though I was worried Bianca could of been a secret meanie. AND I cant forget the ever so loveable duo of Jacob and Delilah, the sweetest couple ever. I JUST WANT ELLISON TO BE HAPPY, controversial opinion I know , but I enjoyed her character and that of John, the purest boy.

I cant forget granny either , if you hate granny I 10/10 can never trust you. Now I should probably talk about Conor and Noah, arguably the main characters. Conor was a nice refreshing (3 I know) take on a main character , I don't know what made her stand out to me , maybe because she wasn't overwhelmingly different or the fact she didn't let the yellow notes control her life like some other protags might of, she was very honest and im so happy she grew her self confidence and came into her self , the character development for all the characters is so amazing. So Noah , the last one to talk about, sometimes I wanted to hug the guy... with my hands.. on his throat , but other times I really did just want to let him know it will be all okay. He was a new main boy character to me , I had never really read a main boy character quite like Noah and it was great! This whole book was amazing which is probably what made this review so long but this has to be one of my new favourites and I adore the bonus chapters and the spin off book is all I have ever wanted. I really recc this book for a simple idea made into , well , a ,master piece.

rating: Off the charts */10*