Emily

My friend Angie helped me off the stage and set my guitar down for me.

"Excuse me, would you let me buy you a drink?" a voice asked. I looked towards the source and smiled shyly.

"Malibu and coke please" I said.

"Ok, won't be long" the voice said.

"Who was that?" I asked Angie.

"A rather gorgeous man who couldn't take his eyes off you the whole time you were singing. And I mean gorgeous!"

I had to ask.

I've been blind since birth.

Angie is my friend and helps me to get out and meet people. We have known each other about a year. My family moved to the states from the UK as they'd hoped someone out here might be able to restore my sight.

So far they'd had some luck but now it was a painful time of tests and more tests. Angie had brought me for a night out to help me try to forget the painful prodding I'd endured over the last few months.

"Here you are, 2 Malibu and cokes" the voice said. One for me and one for Angie.

"Thank you" I replied, while taking the glass he offered me.

"You're British?" he asked.

"Yeah" I answer. "Moved here about a year ago with my family".

"Which part of the UK are you from?" he asked me.

"Chester" I answered.

"Is that near Manchester?" he asked.

"About an hour away" I reply.

"I'm Emily by the way"

"Oh yeah sorry, I'm Tony" he laughed. His laugh is so sweet.