Emily

I wake up about 9 the next morning and when my mum hears me moving around, she knocks before coming in.

"Good morning sweetheart" she says.

"Did you have fun with Angie last night?"

"Yeah, it was good. I sang and played a couple of songs then this guy who Angie says is gorgeous bought us a drink each" I tell her.

"What's his name then?"

"Tony" I say shyly. "He said he lives across the road and he also plays guitar" I say smiling at the memory of his voice.

"Does he know?" asks mum.

"I didn't tell him yet. I don't want him running away" I say sadly. "He said he wants to come over later and we can play guitar together, if that's ok" I tell mum.

"Ok" she sighs. "I'll be here though, just incase".

"Yeah, that's fine" I say.

Mum is a bit over protective of me, as she's seen me hurt and let down so many times.

She helps me dress and do my hair and we go down for breakfast.

Just after lunch, the doorbell rings.

I've gone back upstairs at this point and I hear Tony asking for me.

I hear footsteps on the stairs and my mum knocks on the door.

"Come in" I say, and they do.

"Hey Emily" Tony says, shyly and I look in the direction of his voice and smile.

"Nice guitar collection" he states.

I have two electrics, an acoustic and an electric bass. I taught myself from listening how to play all of them.

"I'll be in the garden" says mum.

"Ok" I mumble.

She goes downstairs again and I have no idea where Tony is in the room so I ask him to pass me one of the guitars.

He does and sits on the small sofa with me.

I smile, knowing where he is again.