five

Dan.

I find a good spot on a little hill that overlooks the field.

The cool wind embraces me in her loving arms as I lean against the old maple tree.

While Phil was practicing, I could calm my mind with some drawing.

I opened my sketchbook and looked at my last sketch.

It was a coal drawing, using negative quite a bunch.

It was half finished. It was of a band going down a road, like a parade. The sky was black and there was only one person done and he had white hair and was wearing a black and white band instructor suit.

The words "Welcome to the black parade" were written elegantly at the bottom.

I quickly flipped the page as I could feel the g-note hit me straight in the heart.

I tried to steady my breathing as I looked around for inspiration.

I spotted a little squirrel and a bird just sat side by side.

The squirrel chattered and the bird replied with tweets.

I imagine what their conversation could be about. Then my mind slowly began to drift, creating conversations they could be having on this gorgeous day.

I softly chuckle as I cross my legs and begin sketching.
***

Before I know it, I'm in middle of lip syncing the chorus of "thnks fr th mmrs" when a pair of cleat clad feet approach me.

I pull out one earbud and look up.

My eyes travel down from the muddy toed shoes, up long, slightly tanned legs and bruised knees. The person's thighs are covered by blue, school shorts that are tied a little low on the waist. Revealing a lot more of Phil Lester than I thought I would see.

He smiles and looks down at my sketch.

My squirrel and bird are shown as being in love with the sun. Just looking at it, it would seem really stupid. But these critters represented people.

They represent two people, in love. They are also both in love with another person. This person, the sun, is very unattainable and would be very dangerous for them to risk their love. So, each day, they watch this sun and fall more in love with him while finding qualities in each other that is like the sun. This causes them to fall more in love with each other.

"A squirrel and bird, huh?" He asks.

I nod and get up with his help.

"Let's get going, yeah? I'll just get changed and meet you at the front doors in 5?"

I nod again and start walking toward the school.

I look back at the tree and the bird and squirrel are no longer there but the sun is still shining ever so brightly.