|1|

Hi. This is 2020 me. I wrote this 4 years ago when I was in middle school and I'm going back to read it now so ion wanna hear nun, ok?

"Don't touch me," I hissed, glaring at the bleach white fabric of my boyfriend's wife beater.

Cameron's eyebrows lifted and snatched me up so fast I didn't even have time to be surprised at my boldness. He ran his tongue across his bottom lip and then buried it in his cheek, as if feeling around for an answer to why I had an attitude. "Hol' up. Who you talking to like that," he asked, cocking his head to the side and curling his thick lips upwards into a lopsided 'test me if you want to' grin.

I attempted to pull away from him, squirming as his large hands held onto my waist.

"Eden," he warned, making me go still. "Are you PMS-ing or what?" Cam effortlessly pulled me into a tight hug. "I know you're hungry. I'm getting ready as fast as I can."

Cameron was my best friend and my boyfriend and my worst enemy. And also my high school sweetheart, just for the record.

Fresh out of law school, I got a job thanks to my mom and her connections. I had worked my way up to be one of the top lawyers at a law firm in just a two years. Cameron had inherited his father's restaurant and worked out a whole bunch of deals and now managed a ridiculous amount of restaurants in the area. We were doing good surprisingly.

"You know I just got off my period," I groaned, rolling my eyes and then checking to see if he saw me. Thankfully, he didn't. "You're genuinely pissin me off."

"I'm talking about the PMS that happens after your period. But what up with you, mama?" Cam spun me so I was facing him, his jaw clenched in irritation. "Did I do something?" His light brown eyes searched mine.

"No, I just... I gotta go to work today. Like right now. My boss texted me, telling me he needs help with a few things. Without notice or anything."

I could already see my boss's dimpled coffee-colored face, decorated with a smirk. My seemingly quiet boss always outfitted in dark suits wore a golden cross necklace that was tucked neatly into his shirt. When he laughed the whole office shook, with his sultry voice bouncing off the walls. Whenever he walked past, everyone went silent and the women giggled softly.

I absolutely hated him.

His indolent nature annoyed me to no end. He always had people underneath him doing the simplest of things for him. He thought he was better than everyone else because his family owned the company. I mentally called him 'Silver Spoon Baby' and had to catch myself whenever I was talking about him so that no one would give me weird looks.

"The boss we don't like?"

I rolled my eyes, hearing 'we'. Like he was the one dealing with my boss too. "Yep, that one."

Cameron nodded and kissed my shoulder before letting me go to slip off his shirt. "That's fine. I have to stop at El Cruce anyways. They're having some problems with the host there."

El Cruce was my favorite of the restaurants. It was the first that his family had owned and it was cultural. From the tostones to the Budin, each dish had some of Cameron's family's unique Puerto Rican flavor. Plus their pork roast was to die for.

That was lowkey one of my favorite things about Cam. He knew how to cook but it wasn't limited to soul food, which for the record was also amazing. Cooking ran on both sides of his family.

"Put a shirt on or something," I said, smiling at him. "And when I get back we're going to the nail salon, right?" I got on my tippy toes to place a gentle kiss on his chin because that's all I could reach even with heels on.