|16|

The rest of the weekend was uneventful

The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Raina fell off the face of the Earth and no one could get in touch with her. Cam called and texted until he somehow grasped the idea of taking a break and what it entailed. Dante wasn't returning any of my calls which put me on edge more than anything.

I was best-friendless, debatably single, and had possibly slept with my boss.

Messy, messy, messy.

When Monday rolled around, I had slipped into a slight depression and I didn't know what to do about it except go on as if nothing had happened at all. The autumn air nipped at my legs which I'd chosen to outfit in a thin pair of white jeans, and the wind seemed to be playing an unfair game with my hair; A game the wind always won.

When I entered my office, which until then I hadn't realized was so luxurious, one of my co-workers was helping herself to my personal coffee machine and premium imported coffee.

"Victoria," I greeted, setting my bag down on my desk.

Tori's ponytail swished as she whipped around quickly, stammering about how she wasn't expecting me to be in so early.

She practically stole from me every morning. This was nothing new. She just caught this time.

"I know you like the hazelnut coffee so I only get that kind. You're welcome," I responded dryly, switching my computer on.

A nervous laugh echoed inside my room and Tori perched herself on my shoulder, assuming her usual self, nosey and unapologetic. "So, look. A little while ago Dante asked me to meet him in an office for a 'private meeting'. Then he canceled. I've been asking around and apparently you're the one that knows him best since you've been playing house with him," she smirked at me before continuing. "You think he's gonna hit on me and if so, does he like sweet perfume, or no perfume at all?"

I rolled my eyes, making a list of things I absolutely needed to get done today. I didn't really have time for Tori and her assumptions but the last part caught my attention. "Who said I'm playing house with him," I asked gingerly, not even bothering to look at her.

Tori took her sweet time sipping my coffee, attempting to hold my attention for as long as she could. "Well," another sip. "They didn't really say playing house, they just said hanging out, but I know you, girl!" She flicked her blonde ponytail over her shoulder and sent me a what I assumed she thought was a charming grin, her teeth only a few shades yellower than her skin tone.

"Victoria, I don't really have time for this. Please leave," I grumbled, not even bothering to tip-toe around another person's feelings. "And for the record, nothing is going on between Dante and I. Please refrain from gossiping about me." I watched her leave before shaking my head.

My preexisting disdain for Victoria came from her fake laughs that I could hear all the way down the hallway, constant complaining about her spray tans and the fact that this blue-eyed ponytailed child of a woman only got the job because her brother is one of the top lawyers. She got more money than I ever got working the exact same job.