Hiatus

Aye what's up, y'all?

I don't really know how to properly say what I need to so bear with me.

I just wanted to address  a few things. Going back into writing after finals has been really weird in a way because I've gotten a chance to go back and re-read what I've written and your comments. I had plans for the book and wanted to delve deeper into certain characters' backstories but after looking it over and after watching a few things I realize that I'm not in a position to touch on heavy topics such as sexual abuse and domestic violence. I feel like me writing a fictional story about these things takes away from the message other people, who actually have dealt with abuse or assault, are trying to put out.

I recently finished the second season of 13 Reasons Why, which graphically depicts and describes sexual assaults multiple times. And Jahseh, better known as XXXTentacion, just died yesterday. After reading more about Geneva, his ex girlfriend who said that Jahseh was emotionally, physically, and verbally abusive, I just can't. Whether he hit her or not, somebody put their hands on her and those pictures of her face were serious.

That said, I've decided that I'm definitely not qualified, or whatever you want to call it, to be writing about these things and I don't really know how to properly address these topics as well as other writers have.

I want to apologize to anyone who feels I've misrepresented these things and I want everyone to know that my inbox is always open.

Because I can't write this without feeling weird, this book is on pause. Feel free to leave comments.

Thank you for understanding.
C.C.